The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just made the switch to John Deere this winter so I'm very new to these combines. Traded the old CIH 2188 off for a 07 9760 with 230 hours on it. Should be a great machine and I'm really excited for winter wheat harvest to get here so I can try her out!

Anyway I have some questions about the setup on the machine and where the best place is to start adjusting is if I'm having a bad sample (one thing I will miss about the 2188. was so familiar with it that I knew exactly what needed to be done). Right now I've got the small wire concaves in with no filler plates, the feed accelerator on slow and the chopper on high. I haven't changed any of the rotor, concave, or seive settings but I plan on just starting with the factory recommended settings and going from there. Anything else that you guys think I should do or am I at a good starting place?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have you got the the big wire concaves? If yes then put one of them in. Replace the back one with a big wire concaves. Put a strap on the front concave all the way up the front.

Put your feed accelerator on fast, rotor speed on 850-900. open the concaves to 25-30 if your scale goes up to 50. wind on 900 top chaffer on 18-19, bottom sieve on 11-12 and then you just let'er'rip. Keep pushing her till the engine rpm drops to 2260-2270 rpm and then watch what happens. Watch your tailings, you might have to open the bottom sieve a bit more, but try to keep the bar in midle.

Put the filler plates in the seperator as needed. But only if you are loosing grain on one of the sides on the sieves. Shouldnt happen in wheat, but just have a look. Sensitivity on the grainloss indicator should be about 44.

And have fun. Dont look at your ground speed, you might find yourself going flat out in second gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts