The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating between a 9650 and a NH cr960. I am more familiar with the JDs but need to know more about the NH. How do the capacities compare, and ability to harvest pulses in particular. The pros and cons of each. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am a hardcore deere man myself, but in this case i would be the CR960. The '50 series from Deere is just that horrible its not even funny!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the tip. In reading into it on the forum it seems like the 960 would be the more popular choice. the 960 has about 500 hours for $15,000 more than the 9650 with about 1800 hours and no bullet rotor. It seems like the NH is the way to go????

·
Registered
380 Posts
What year CR? You will get more capacity and cleaner sample , larger and quieter cab, great engine. As with any machine you will need service and parts, you will want to check that out. All dealerships can be different, I had used deere combines for 25 years and decided I had to try something different because the JD parts was crap, have had no problems since switching to NH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be a 2003-04 CR960 vs 2001-02 9650. There is a good JD dealership about 25 minutes away and a good NH dealer an hour or so away

·
Registered
566 Posts
How bout a an earlier 9660. I don't know much about a 960 but that's a big difference in hours for only 15000 dollars. I know that the 60 series are alot better machines as far as auger wear than a 50 series.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 9660 are quite a bit more money, but i know they are a better machine as well. My budget is fairly strict and I haven't found a 9660 that comes into budget so it probably isn't an option. hpw does a CR940 compare to the 9650? I know they have less power, but is it a lot? Some guys put chips in them for that extra horsepower but would that be enough?

·
Registered
508 Posts
A 940 is a gutless machine. Dont think about getting one. I ran one for 2 years. Lots of problems. I would never have gone in the same field as a 9650. CR940 - 295hp with a 316hp bulge is not enough for that heavy combine. A 285hp TR99 will walk away from a 940. Least in corn it will. Definatly get the 960. The 940 will forsure be a disappointment.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts