The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to try soybeans tonight and I have more than i like rotor lose and cracking. I ran out of day light to do much messing with it. I'm running a new to me 98 r62 with standard eight bar rotor with two sets of sweeps i was running concave on 6 and front of concave at mid, 650 rpm. The first two rows from threshing side have new rasp bars, this maybe adding to the cracking. I think I will try slowing down the rotor, but this may add to rotor loss. If I were to pull a set of sweeps would it be best to pull the set nearest the dis charge or the next set in? Each sweep takes the place of two rasp bars, not sure what brand they are. Any advice is apprecated

·
Registered
129 Posts
Speed cracks so I would slow the rotor down to help with splits you are already having and as silverluv said tighten down the concave to force more through the concave. I can't help you with advice on sweeps with 8 bar rotor. I have the cdf with sweeps and doing an great job with very low loss. My beans are very dry and I'm running cylinder as slow as 550 under load with concave on 5.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slowed rotor down to 525 rpm and closed concave to 5 front to one line tighter then mid, and separator concave to 5 also. Now I have very few splits and rotor lose is good, leaving sweeps in for now. Thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.