The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Calling on the JD cutters with greentar installed.

I'm having a little trouble setting the header in equipment tab under greenstar.

The first job we did with greenstar, we had it set to a 460 kemper, which is what we have, but it brought up idiotic widths such as 27 rows being taken in one pass, which as you can imagine, totally ruined any yield maps that we would have taken from that job.

I half-figured out that the problem was originating from the fact that the chopper thought we were using our pickup front. I managed to change this for a 460 in the corner post of the chopper.

This can be seen from the following picture of the manual.

[/URL][/IMG]

So I got that sorted, which leads me on to my problem.

Our next job we will be cutting 39 inch rows, so that will mean 6 rows for us.

The default setting for a 460 is 8 rows at 30 inches, or 75 cm.

Ive changed the corner post setting to 6 rows at 100cm which can be seen here...

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Now this doesnt seem to have made any difference in greenstar, as it still thinks I will be taking 8 rows at 75 cm (30 inches).

My thinking as this wont make any difference as all I want from this is the yield map, and it wont really matter in regards to the yield map as long as the total width of the front is correct in greenstar, which I think is.

8 rows at 30 inch (75cm) =600cm
6 rows at 40 inch (100cm) = 600cm

It will still think its taking 8 rows, but that wont make any difference to the yield mapping because its only recognising the yield coming into a 600cm 460 front.

Does this sound right to you guys?

My next question might be a simple one, i'm just looking for some help with some of the figures in this next picture. They are circled in red.

[/URL][/IMG]

Can somebody tell me why is it bring up 250cm as Row Width there?

Also, can somebody explain overlap control to me? Is that only for guidance? (auto-steer) as we dont have that.

Sorry for the huge post but I'm really in need of some help as alot of our customers want the correct yield mapping.

Cheers,

Jordan

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mate I'm not really full bottle on your machine but know a bit about green star so bare with me.
The best way to make sure your figures are correct is to take a measuring tape over your front. If you don't put in the right figures you've got no hope of getting any correct yield data.
Is your physical width of your front actually 6.050? Measure
Change implement width & track spacings to 6 row.
Row width change to correct spacings, once again measure & check.
Overlap control you want ticked on it helps with your yield monitoring.
Also your offsets on that screen page photo don't look like you've measured and put in correct figures?
And go into your old green star monitor icon button on your 2600 & set up implement settings in that also.
Hope that helps?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate I'm not really full bottle on your machine but know a bit about green star so bare with me.
The best way to make sure your figures are correct is to take a measuring tape over your front. If you don't put in the right figures you've got no hope of getting any correct yield data.
Is your physical width of your front actually 6.050? Measure
Change implement width & track spacings to 6 row.
Row width change to correct spacings, once again measure & check.
Overlap control you want ticked on it helps with your yield monitoring.
Also your offsets on that screen page photo don't look like you've measured and put in correct figures?
And go into your old green star monitor icon button on your 2600 & set up implement settings in that also.
Hope that helps?
Hi mate thanks for the info

The physical width is correct.

I dont know why, but the implement width box is grayed out, so I cant change that because it must be pulling the information from somewhere else.

I tried putting in settings into the old greenstar but it doesnt actually let me, I'd say the new greenstar is over-riding it and not letting me change anything in it.

It's all just a little too confusing!

·
Registered
363 Posts

I dont know why, but the implement width box is grayed out, so I cant change that because it must be pulling the information from somewhere else.

I tried putting in settings into the old greenstar.

Maybe it's greyed out due to it still in recording mode eg front is in gear or front is lowered. Does your machine automatically start recording when your front is lowered and stop recording when you raise the front past a certain point?

As for the old green star do you have a button/icon with a picture on it that looks like the old brown green star box on your 2600 screen? Go in to here and see if that helps??

Sometimes if things start playing up. Turn your machine off, let your 2600 shut down then pull the plug behind out for a couple minutes.

Have you got Jds 24 hour gps hotline subscription? Maybe ring them??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I tried putting in settings into the old greenstar.

Maybe it's greyed out due to it still in recording mode eg front is in gear or front is lowered. Does your machine automatically start recording when your front is lowered and stop recording when you raise the front past a certain point?

As for the old green star do you have a button/icon with a picture on it that looks like the old brown green star box on your 2600 screen? Go in to here and see if that helps??

Sometimes if things start playing up. Turn your machine off, let your 2600 shut down then pull the plug behind out for a couple minutes.

Have you got Jds 24 hour gps hotline subscription? Maybe ring them??
It only starts recording when material is going through the chopper.

Yes i do have that button but when I go into it, it has the old greenstar display but it wont let me do anything.:mad:

Yeah I think I'll have to get onto JD and try and get something sorted as its driving me nuts trying to correct it, especially when alot of other people dont have any problem with it.

Thanks alot for the help though mate, very appreciated.

·
Registered
363 Posts
No dramas mate. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Another possibility could be you haven't got the documentation page set up right?
If you disconnect the wiring harness to your front does it un grey the icon?
When was the last time you updated your 2600?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found that it is a real pain in the ass. The only way that I have found to make it save settings is in the corner post but you have to set it with the machine not running and then cycle the power then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rcp 180-184. Setting max. Width and sections. Is standard set on 20 sections,screen takes this over. Dont know adress for sure, straight from my memory. This Is your solution, good luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rcp 180-184. Setting max. Width and sections. Is standard set on 20 sections,screen takes this over. Dont know adress for sure, straight from my memory. This Is your solution, good luck
Thanks for the info josver, I have to wait a day or two to try it, as our chopper is 2 hours away but I cant wait to see if this works, as it sounds like it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts