The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 1986 John Deere 7720 Titan 2 with the old original lights for night operation. To say the least, they suck.. I'm curious on what people have replaced them with and where they got them?? john deere has updated kits but they are sure proud of them.. Any help and even pics would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Go with LEDs off eBay. I have them on a couple of machines and for the money they're amazing. They also look very original if you get the right ones. Just make sure you replace the 'stainless' bolt as they rust. Otherwise excellent. About $50 bucks each

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 1986 John Deere 7720 Titan 2 with the old original lights for night operation. To say the least, they suck.. I'm curious on what people have replaced them with and where they got them?? john deere has updated kits but they are sure proud of them.. Any help and even pics would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Bolt one of those led lightbars above the top front of your cab. You will find the difference amazing. Just leave the original lights there but disconnect the wire. Use one of the wires to power the lightbar. That way if you change machines its real easy to take the bar off for the new machine and set the old one back to standard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got some 3by 5 led lights and they are awesome. They also are a lot easier on your alternator. I got mine from Orscheln's but you can get them from a lot of places. I had a 4400 and we put 3by 5 halogens on it and they were an improvement to the old style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.