The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got a wicked storm here with high wind and 2" of rain in 15 minutes. I have a lot of lodged crops and some are flat as a pancake. We've never used lifters since the snow happened one late august a long time ago, with the tilting heads we have haven't needed it for the patches we have. But if you look at the pics, tilting isn't going to cut it. What is everyone using for lifters? Have a m150 with D60d head and 2152 (same header). Only one I know anything about is flexfinger.

Those dark little specks is how high it was (flax)

Triactor oats, really mad about that whole situation...

Vesper wheat. Interesting, carberry, utmost and conquer is good to perfect expect for double fertilizing areas.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Your Vesper looks like mine did last year! Didn't bother with it again...

I have a German or Austrian lifter that works very well. Will look to see the brand tomorrow. We put them on every 4 th guard tine and they worked for canola, peas, wheat, barley, etc.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've used Schumacher and Dutch. Schumacher's probably get more crop up and are fairly quick to detach. Dutch are better at staying on the combine. I haven't priced them for years, but I recall that Dutch were a fair bit cheaper.

Don't get the Schumachers with the skidded lifter. Back up with the knife on the ground and they're gone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
quappelle;141495mop3 said:
I've used Schumacher and Dutch. Schumacher's probably get more crop up and are fairly quick to detach. Dutch are better at staying on the combine. I haven't priced them for years, but I recall that Dutch were a fair bit cheaper.

Don't get the Schumachers with the skidded lifter. Back up with the knife on the ground and they're gone.
Looking at Quappelle's picture that's what I have. Last time i bought a few they were in the high teens. Good investment, non skidded though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use the schumachers lifter without the bottom skid. They work very we'll, I use them every year on our small grains. They always seem to get blown down. Don't get the bottom skid!!!! Bottom skid will tip the tip of the lifter up if it is on the ground and push the tip into the reel and the reel grabs it and tosses it into the combine.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Is the schumaker design much different from skidded to non-skidded? Have the skidded ones and have the above mentioned problems so they dont get used. Wondering if I can simply cut the skid off and they will operate the same as non-skidded.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Schumacker lifters work good. Had a set of flexi fingers and perhaps I used them wrong but I wasn't a fan. I prefer to use the lifters rather then trying to shave the ground and use the reel. Lodged like that it will need both the reel and lifter.

In case misery loves company my crops are as flat as a pancake after yesterdays storm as well, 57mm of rain and 56 mph winds this close to harvest are not a good combo. Its sure is a shame as we missed every storm so far this year. Oh well hopefully it doesn't rain any more and we don't get a crop turning into silage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just ordered a set of flexxifingers, heard lots of good about them.
The ones that contour look like a really cool idea but I couldn't justify 125 a lifter right now so just got the hd. I haven't got a chance to really try em out yet but looks like they will work better than my old set up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Schumacher lifters with the skid follow the ground and get the crop better than the others. The model without the skid digs into soft ground and get lost more often. Half moons also work well on level ground and let you back out of a plug without the crop hooking on the lifter. Flexifinger are more like take a permanent bendfinger.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I probably would agree but the oats is flat flat on the ground and a tangled mess. Dad doesn't believe its possible to do without so he is going to buy something. I think he's thinking schumachers. There is a poly one made locally in st briuex I think called flexifab and it's $80/piece. Ouch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.