The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. My F2 Gleaner runs corn fine. I switched to beans and the slip clutch up front keeps winding and making noise and it's getting clogged behind cylinder, i have to shut off machine and pull stems out when this happens. The stems are still slightly green but the beans are dry. I don't understand how it can run corn but can't chew up the bean stalks. Any ideas? I was told my slip clutch either needs tightened or replaced or where the cylinder is, if it's chipped or bent it can wrap beans around it and get clogged.

I also had a major hydraulic leak that leaked all over the main shaft belt. Could this be causing the belt to slip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
If you are hearing the slip clutch "ratchet" noise. That is on your feeder beater drum, before the cylinder. It's on the right side of the combine. Tighten it down hard! They have a tendency to loose off, your green stem beans are probably choking up the beater and your unplugging it there most likely.

If it's actually plugging in the cylinder I'd be surprised. Usually you plug the feeder beater first.

What clearances and cylinder speed are you running?

·
Registered
597 Posts
What shape are your cylinder bars in ? Once they wear past a certain point they will not pull material through. Not sure from your post which beater is plugging but bars worn past that critical point can affect both and that critical point can be reached very quickly. One day it works and the next you have problems.. Have a good close look at the bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.