The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between a 9650 and a NH cr960. I am more familiar with the JDs but need to know more about the NH. How do the capacities compare, and ability to harvest pulses in particular. The pros and cons of each. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, we run JD and NH. Only thing is they're both rotors. We used to have a 9650. I would say the NH has more capacity and is a nicer machine to drive. Only if NH service was far away and lacking would I take that model of Deere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
NH have the capacity to harvest with a lot off straw. US built combines has a big problem in europe that they won´t work with the huge difference in straw and yield either. I heard a comment from a farmer in south Sweden that has two 9880i STS (hope that is the right numbers) and he almost regret that he didn´t bought a NH or Claas because off the problem with the straw and it lets pretty much off the grain through the combine and out on the field again. He almost called them no-till-drill..... That is a problem you won´t have I guess but in that part off sweden winter wheat can yield up to 13-14 tonnes/ha.

Never driven a JD so I can´t really comment it.

/Stark

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I ran our TR 98 against a 9660 STS. 30 ft drapers ( macdon vs deere). The green header was nice. My macdon was garbage. TR had 10% more capacity side by side with a better sample. The CRs have a larger cleaning area with more hp than my TR. And a way nicer cab. Love the TR for handling peas. The 1st year we didn't even change concaves and had 2% cracks at the elevator after 2 passes through a loader. Wasn't too bad at all. This year we ran cover plates in the front section so cut 1/2 the wires out and it was really good. No idea with deeres and pulses, but they still have auger beds under the rotor like a case so there is a potential for damage there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.