The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have posted this before but wanted to try again. I have an early 2188, before the serial number brake. In the evening when I try to heat up the cab the windows fog over very bad sometimes like you threw a bucket of water on them. Clean cab air filter and it makes no difference. If I leave a/c on high rather than heat I have no problem with the windows, but I freeze to death. Is their a change or update from caseih or some other problem. Never talked to anyone that had this much trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
591 Posts
All my tractors do this when I first turn on the heater. Picking up moisture somewhere likely from the a/c evaporator or drip pan. The way I solve it is by turning the heater on full blast and the a/c on low if there are separate controls. The a/c will dry the air but not make the cab cold

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have wondered if I am getting moisture from the drip pan. Where does it drain? Maybe its plugged.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have the same problem with our 2188. Doesn't seem to matter when you turn the heat on either, the other day it was running for a few minutes then the fog started rolling over the windows. Turn the a/c on high and it all goes away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is a common problem, even in 2388 models. Take the four bolts out that hold your seat down and lean the seat forward and clean the AC- Heater coils that sit above the drip pan. Most of these are never cleaned and there is no air flow. It is also a good time to check the drip pan and tubes that hang in front of the auger pan. The poor air flow allows water to collect in the plastic manifold under the door post. The control panel will need to be removed, two hand nuts, and lifted over on the buddy seat and the steering wheel leaned forward. It is close quarters but can be done with brush and suction. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Good advice, billy60. I've been wondering how to get to the AC condenser and heater coils. Every time I turn the heater on I get a damp, musty smell; figured the coils needed cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts