The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day guys,
We have got the old 8820 T2 I was telling you about going (at last) and have harvested about 80 acres of Canola with it, but it has a bit of trouble with some bearing noise in the pully assembly on the countershaft on top of the feeder house that is directly under the cab. We pulled off the assembly but can't work out how to dissmantle the unit to get at the bearings on the actual shaft. Under the outside mounting plate there is a 3/4" square that looks like it should undo somethong but if it moves it must be very tight. The first pully seems to come up so far and then stop against something and we don't want to wreck anything by forcing it.
Can anyone tell me how this pully assembly is dismantled ?
I arn't shure what you call this unit, but its the pully and countershaft assembly that the front is driven by, it is driven by a belt from the front dissengaging clutch and then transmits the power by another belt down the side of the feeder house to operate the front.
Thanks guys,
Graham

·
Registered
321 Posts
put a 3/4 drive ratchet or breakover in the square bore you mention and go counter clockwise to loosen it, that is part of the variable speed hyd. cylinder, the barrel is mounted into the outer bearing. Thread the piece out, take note of any shims behind it, and then you can remove the outer and inner halves of the pulley to service the bearings.

jd

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JD , we actually put a 3/4 bar on the square but it seemed that tight both ways we were scared of busting something. I will give it another go this morning.
Graham

1 - 3 of 3 Posts