The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While combining tonight the "shoe not leveling" alert come on. After stopping and checking, the right side of the cleaning fan shields were all smashed.Removed them and started the combine.The shoe went back to level. the shields were holding it from leveling before.Now the fan blades are hitting the side of the cowling. Anyone ever hear of anything like this before?How could the shoe move that much to smash the shields?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
It shouldn't be able to move that much. But, try to recalibrate the shoe. If it was calibrated off (or somehow went wonky) it may be cycled beyond its limits. Since the narrow shoe (960 and 940) combines have more travel than the 970, the actuator may have more travel than should be used and its limited in the software. I have no idea if this is true, just throwing out some guesses.

Did you hit a washout or something that would have messed it up? I am always worried in nasty stuff since the fan is pretty close to the ground.

Just some guesses so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
happened after turned at the end of the field. I know the shoe moves alot when we turn it may have happened then. The combines been at the shop for last 2 days,they could not find the reason it happened. We got to use a cr 9090 while ours was getting fixed. Thats quite a machine if you can keep fuel in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same thing happen to a CR960. What happened, is when the combine was being greased, someone accidentally stepped on the angled fan shield, (behind the swingout latched shield). It only has to be slightly bent, and it will catch on the shielding framework. Then the whole thing craters. It also bent the fan housing, which we were able to straighten. This all happened with the shoe moving through it's normal range of motion. I would bet the same thing happened on yours. Some of the grease zirks are quite hard to reach, and stepping on this shield is actually quite easy. After everything was straightened, and new shields were put in place, everything has worked fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts