The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an Amity 60sd with CIH 3580 cart. Im looking for input and suggestions to get the most out of this thing. Is cheap so hoping not a huge headache.

The last owner was a corperate farm enterprise, and traded it in because they were struggling to keep the wheels turning. Said was too heavy and was getting stuck in muck soils too often. Road height an issue as will...

Has double shoot fertilizer openers which I will be removing to reduce weight.

TIA

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Is the cart the older 580 bushel metal cart? If so we really like that cart. As far as the drill let us know how it works. I do not know of anyone that has one.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
What tires do you have on the cart. We have the big metric singles but added 20.8 x I think 38 duals on the back. This give it a lot of floatation and tire for the weigh. We really like this cart. It has a lot of air capacity to blow a lot of fertilizer and product on without plugging. The hoses do not make any steep bends when it leaves the cart and the meter boxes are farther apart giving the product more time to get up to speed before more is dumped into the stream. The tank splits also work out a lot better for us than with the older plastic Flexicoil carts.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tires do you have on the cart. We have the big metric singles but added 20.8 x I think 38 duals on the back. This give it a lot of floatation and tire for the weigh. We really like this cart. It has a lot of air capacity to blow a lot of fertilizer and product on without plugging. The hoses do not make any steep bends when it leaves the cart and the meter boxes are farther apart giving the product more time to get up to speed before more is dumped into the stream. The tank splits also work out a lot better for us than with the older plastic Flexicoil carts.
It has 900 singles all around. It has dual fans.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have a 60 ft SD 60. How are your scrapers on disc. Imo the most important part on it. Karbide are great but expensive,all scrapers need to be adjusted perfect and can not be worn or disc will not run .
I run a SD Amity since 2012 so have seen good and bad lol. Fertilizer placement is great . have learned to seed on deeper side with it.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Is Amity Concord? We're looking at one with the single disk 6x9 openers and mid row fertilizer banders. They seem quite simple, are they good machines?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Challenger do you like the drill and what type of soil are you seeding with it?
I like it, simple built,huge capacity,7.5 inch spacing on average.
Miss having a seedfirmingwheel, fertilizer disc and seeddisc are to close together sometimes but thats how the system works like that. Is the machine perfect,no,what is perfect.If you know how to handle it it will make you a crop.
I farm in RRV so mostly heavy.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts