The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying I am in the middle of harvest so I don't really have time on dialup
to do the google thing, so please save the "don't be so lazy" lecture.
Also, I know there are some excellent pictures that haven't seen the light of day out of the photo albums, let alone on the web...so...

I am putting together a 25th anniversary display/video for custom harvesting and need to get some working pictures of some '81-'82 era combines, if anyone has any they would like to share, with permission, email me, or upload (if that's ok alex)to this thread. I will share the final result with this site.

Oh, and I'm cross posting...


Thanks a bunch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Something something Google.

Something something cross-posting is bad.

Um, I can take some pictures of a Case IH 8010 and convert them to black and white. If you're showing this to high school students, they won't know the difference if you tell them that the pictures are from 1960. Oh, I might need to shrink them down to 50% of original size too.

/silly response over

-Lance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoo...boy
(wiping eyes)...that was a good one...my sides hurt from laughing...no, really...


Actually, it is for the Assoc of Canadian Custom Harvesters...methinks they will know the difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Hmm, yeah, they would. Well, maybe throw one picture of a new machine (in B&W) in there among the other vintage ones, just for fun, see if anyone notices. lol

-Lance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Quote:Let me start off by saying I am in the middle of harvest so I don't really have time on dialup
to do the google thing, so please save the "don't be so lazy" lecture.
Also, I know there are some excellent pictures that haven't seen the light of day out of the photo albums, let alone on the web...so...

I am putting together a 25th anniversary display/video for custom harvesting and need to get some working pictures of some '81-'82 era combines, if anyone has any they would like to share, with permission, email me, or upload (if that's ok alex)to this thread. I will share the final result with this site.

Oh, and I'm cross posting...


Thanks a bunch!


Did someone say pictures?????
Maybe not what you had in
mind....but here is a 82 vintage IH 1470.....




....OK, so now your are thinking 'typo....he must have meant 1460'
not so fast Dialup Boy. Ya sure, started out as a 1460....but no Plain
Jane 1460 can do this.......




......or go here.....


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
So......you wanted some out of the old albums.....here are some
scans then. The same 1470 as above, teamed with one about 10
serial numbers apart....both 82 vintage at work on SRS Ranches
near The Dalles, Oregon. The Twins:




....Old Red with Mt Adams in the background:



....A little closer look at Big Snort.....leveled out to near the max of
48%


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Old Red came on board first in 1982....it was my great pleasure to run
her from 2000 through 2004, her last year on the ranch.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Added Big Snort in 1988.....they ran together until 2000, when a 1670
came on board and the 3 amigos worked together through the 2004
season. Since I was in Old Red, most of my shots from that era are of
Big Snort.....a couple of my favorites:






 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
194 Posts
I can't seem to get enough of those Hillside pictures. You get the enjoyment of harvesting, and a thrill a minute for icing on the cake. I envy you your ride!
Thanks a lot; Barry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Man those 1470 pics are the best!! I have to get out that way someday for some first hand viewing. Could look at your pics all day, keep em coming!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Hi there 98j.....see ya post every now and then on here. I just found this forum 6 weeks ago and sure enjoy it. I've seen most of these pics on the ACME Cat board BUT enjoy looking at them again! Don't know if you've followed any of my posts here, but I sold my old 1480 and am running a 2188 now....really a nice machine...quite a step up for me! You have any pics of a 21XX or 23XX series that has been converted to a hillside machine? I bet they look awsume!

I suppose you are nearing your harvest....what, maybe a month away? Harvest here in Central Kansas is in full swing but wheat here around my area is awful poor....15 to 20bpu. HARD freeze at Easter done us in.

Take care and keep them pics comming...they are sure enjoyable!
Trakman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Just had a thought re the hillside machines. When they are levelled right out near maximum how well do the spread the residue out the back? Great one side not so great the other? Is this an issue or does it seem to work out with the pass next to it?

Jono
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Quote:Hi there 98j.....see ya post every now and then on here. I just found this forum 6 weeks ago and sure enjoy it. I've seen most of these pics on the ACME Cat board BUT enjoy looking at them again! Don't know if you've followed any of my posts here, but I sold my old 1480 and am running a 2188 now....really a nice machine...quite a step up for me! You have any pics of a 21XX or 23XX series that has been converted to a hillside machine? I bet they look awsume!

I suppose you are nearing your harvest....what, maybe a month away? Harvest here in Central Kansas is in full swing but wheat here around my area is awful poor....15 to 20bpu. HARD freeze at Easter done us in.

Take care and keep them pics comming...they are sure enjoyable!
Trakman


Trackman!
Do I have any pics of a 2188/2388??? Does a bear
sleep in the woods???
From last year....the neighbors cutting
next to our shop on lower Eightmile:





They traded one of these for a new Hillco equipped 2588




Our harvest will be down some too....should get cranked up sometime after the 15th of July.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Quote:Just had a thought re the hillside machines. When they are levelled right out near maximum how well do the spread the residue out the back? Great one side not so great the other? Is this an issue or does it seem to work out with the pass next to it?

Jono


Golly Gee Whiz there Jono....who's toes have you been stepping on to
run the 'ol Karma number down BELOW zero????
In RE the residue
issue.......not a problem:




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
In this shot from 05 the spreader is crowding it a little to the upper
side:



........but we had no trouble drilling it last fall:





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
Quote:You guys are just crazy! I will stick to my flat dirt.

Nah....we're not crazy...
We just don't trust flat dirt....somehow
it just seems a little too tame.








 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top