The Combine Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I don't get the model that this combine eliminates a grain cart. Isn't the whole point of a grain cart to keep the combine from stopping?
True the combine still has to stop but not near as often and you could make 2 miles easily on a half section of bly running a 100 bushel and make it to the truck on the headland without being in the middle of the field somewhere. If it unloads like a grain cart quickly I can't see it being that big of a deal. Does it always warrant having a extra wage and 2 more pieces of equipment to purchase and maintain? It wont be a combine for everyone but it has its place. To me grain carts are an expensive convenience if you have one combine. Not everyone has 6000+ acres. A 2500 acre farmer could only need one combine and one driver.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Let's think 250 bu corn in an I state for a second witch it doesn't take a large combine for massive capacity or let's think Australia for a min where fields can literally go on for miles, in fact there are plenty of places in the US that have extremely large fields, I know a retired harvester that use to cut in Texas and he claims he has cut fields well over a thousand acres

While this machine doesn't have a place on my farm it does on others

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Let's think 250 bu corn in an I state for a second witch it doesn't take a large combine for massive capacity or let's think Australia for a min where fields can literally go on for miles, in fact there are plenty of places in the US that have extremely large fields, I know a retired harvester that use to cut in Texas and he claims he has cut fields well over a thousand acres

While this machine doesn't have a place on my farm it does on others
There is fields in western Canada all over that are over a 1000 AC. And I've been in fields in the states that were over 2000 AC when on a harvest run.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts