The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listers, I earlier posted some pics of winter wheat being cut near Pierre, SD, and brief info on our farm in Combine Talk Forum's "Custom Cutter Connection." . I have since (7-4) took new pics and posted them here for all CIH users. Please see the original post for the first posted set. Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: CIH pics, 2006 Central SDak Wheat Harvest

New pics added 7-4. These are a continuation of the history/photos listed earlier on Custom Cutter Connection page. Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Monday 7/24, we cut the last of the spring wheat. The ole CIH Axial-Flow combines ran great this wheat harvest, with only minimal breakdowns this year. They are both moved back to the home farm.....resting.

Looks like fall harvest is going to be quick in central SD. All of our dryland corn is going by the wayside. Corn has good height, tasseled, trying to set ears and turning fall crunchy brown...fast. 100-117 plus heat for past two weeks. No measurable rain since May. Talking of chopping some for silage, the rest rolled in big bales for cow feed. Only action for the combines this fall will be 3 irrigated fields. Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where abouts in SD are you located? I have some friends in the Wessington area. They said there will be no dryland corn or beans to harvest this fall in that area & the hay crops are REALLY short. I looked at the drought moniter tonight & see that much of SD is in D4 drought, the worst it can be. I feel for you guys up there, hope it gets better. I was in Sioux Falls lastnight & had some storms roll through, according to the news much of the state did get rain, a little to late though for crops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts