The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new 7010 that has such an air leak in the cab that it is almost unbearable. With the fan running there is a very loud squeal through the door. We have replaced seals, doors, put a small piece of hose through the door, and anything else we can think of to make it go away but nothing works. Any one have/had this? Dealer doesn't even know what to do anymore. Very annoying!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
is noise coming from door, you can adjust stirker bolt, they are adjustable, bolt that door latchs to, move in, scott.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott, I should have mentioned that. We adjusted the bolt both ways in large increments and small increments with no change. As near as we can tell the noise is coming from 2 places, the windshield and the door, but the door is the worst. Thanks

G

·
Its not going to look pretty but you can probably find the leak using duct tape. Start putting tape on where you think the noise is coming from and when the noise disappears you know where the leak is. I had a wind leak in my old truck after a new windshield was put in. They wouldn't believe that they had made a mistake. A mechanic friend of mine suggested this to me and it worked, told me where the leak was, and got me a new windshield.

Note: Windshields from china, are cheep for a reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've seen smoke/fog machines used to find cab leaks. Place the device inside the cab and let it fill up with smoke and the smoke will escape where there are holes and detectable by the human eye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts