The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a couple Lexion 760s. We got the Cemos, duals, Cruise Pilot, moisture, yield and grain loss monitors, Hydraulic tilt HP feeder house and 35' Vario straight cut heads. Did we miss anything?

·
Registered
744 Posts
We got 45ft and 40ft Varios... not problems at all.
Also got a Deere with a draper, cant say it feeds better.

But I am talking about Euro-conditions (wheat, barley, rye, lots of standing canola, gras seeds, lupins etc...)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quite honestly we bought these combines without much knowledge of what we were doing. I liked things about their design and had heard they are the mist fuel efficient machines and save more grain than anybody else. I figured those two things alone are huge money makers so we demo'ed one in a very down and heavy canola crop and felt it performed very well. It was, however, only doing about 900 bushels per hour. Now that we bought two new units I am reading more and thinking these things have huge capacity. What is their typical capacity in say a 55-65 bushel canola crop and a 70 - 80 wheat crop?

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
The capacity in canola will vary a lot on the year. If you have a year where the canola seeds are smaller and the straw is breaking up to dust you will need 3 sets or more of rotor covers to keep from over loading the shoe and the capcity will decrease. If you have a year like this past year with large seed and little straw break up horsepower will be the limiting factor. We never use rotor covers in wheat because rotor loss or horsepower are the limiting factors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Flax rotors if you are in western Canada. Make sure dealer checks clearance on stripper bars on front end of rotors. Chopper options, to spread 40'+. HID lights are pricey but nice. Claas auto greaser, another great option. Cooling option for storage under buddy seat, another nice feature I didn't think I would use, but really like it. Again...tracks. Block heater, should be standard. Auxillary fuel tank, I think is standard. Long auger and fast unload option.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I too would like to hear more about the vario head vs the drapers. We've been running JD drapers but are looking really hard at the varios for the price saving and use in canola. Don't want to have auger warping problems in wheat though cause wheat is whT they will do the most.
When we went from JD auger heads to JD drapers (10 years ago) we felt they were a huge improvement. Only downfall we have found with the drapers so far is the drapers slipping in freezing/icy conditions which dosnt happen too often.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
If you can justify the cost of the tracks add them to the build sheet.
Speaking of which, Claas prices tracks quite reasonably imo, and if you compare either functionally or price wise to any of the other whatabes now Claas is a vastly superior setup.
Experence in this case shows and shines, Claas at version 3.3 at least, the rest, 1.0.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.