The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're a small farm in comparison to most of the guys on here but figured I'd share our new workhorse with you all and hoping for alot of good years from it. It's a 1984 AC 8070 and is overall in very good shape, getting new rear tires on it later this week then installing the duals and putting it to work with the ripper this weekend due to some very good weather as of late!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Don't apologize for being small. I wish there was a way of comparing farms based on ROI or net returns or cost of production, but that's not very glamorous! Enjoy your new machine and hopefully it is reliable and useful for years to come.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of transmission do they have?Any powershift or hi/lo?
Its a powershift, has high and low range lever and then 6 speeds in each. I had heard you could get a power director in the 8070 but I haven't seen one.

Also digging through the operators manual in the cab we found the guys hand scribbled notes on when he serviced it and what dates, as far as we can tell it does only have 2,400 original hours on it. Getting the new rear tires put on today then hitting the fields tomorrow:D

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I was thinking it was low hours looks in nice shape. My Steiger has a Powerdirector transmission works good seems to be fairly reliable not sure if parts are still around come rebuild time. The Powershift was equally as good I believe and compared to a deere or case of the same era those tractors are a bargin

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I had a 7000, it had a 3 speed powershift I liked it so much I compared it to a 4020 JD. Don't know why Allis had such a struggle, I believed the tractors they made back then were suppior to IH. Great tractors! I think you'll like it

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
An adventure today to look at a bull lead me through he town of Monroe. Putting 2 and 2 together I am assuming that was your 8070 sitting next to the highway on the west side of the road across from a tire shop.

Never hit me until I was thumbing through this thread that it was probably yours.

Good looking machine from the road, doesn't look all beat up and the paint is still pretty glossy for that era. Guessing she had a roof over her head.

Best of luck with it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An adventure today to look at a bull lead me through he town of Monroe. Putting 2 and 2 together I am assuming that was your 8070 sitting next to the highway on the west side of the road across from a tire shop.

Never hit me until I was thumbing through this thread that it was probably yours.

Good looking machine from the road, doesn't look all beat up and the paint is still pretty glossy for that era. Guessing she had a roof over her head.

Best of luck with it!
That definitely would've been ours, looks way better with the duals and new inners on it. Used it some yesterday and it looks 10 times better with the duals on it!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Love that tractor. It seeded every acre on our farm for about 15 years straight. We traded it off and my father in law ended up buying it back $24,000. So I still get to see it once and a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.