The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anny heard when the new MF Agco tractors will introduced. I,ve heard 2009, or will it this year. Will it have a new cab? And which engines CAT and Sisu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
susposed to happen this fall as far as introduction, but not available till next spring "maybe" as i recall the 900 4x4 was introed 2 years before they actually showed up. i wouldn't look for a cat in it either. sisu is cheap and agco can make more money selling it over the cat is why that is, so they say? we'll see come this fall, "maybe". it will be interesting to see if agco up's the horse power to make an effort to catch up with everyone else in the industry. also will be interesting to see if the new one willl turn around in less then a 40 acre field??

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
They're only 12 years overdue for a new and up to date cab, why change now? Or is Agco finally getting away from their normal R&D routine of just going out back and finding something that they've got laying around in their pile from years ago that they just kinda rework and add to. Such as the cab their using now that Massey came out with almost 20 years ago.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:They're only 12 years overdue for a new and up to date cab, why change now? Or is Agco finally getting away from their normal R&D routine of just going out back and finding something that they've got laying around in their pile from years ago that they just kinda rework and add to. Such as the cab their using now that Massey came out with almost 20 years ago.

I like that logic. International then CaseIH has built the same combine since 1978.... 2 different companies and 4 decades and its still going.

Whats so wrong with the Massey cab? It is the same cab, so? JD built the same cab from the 4430 to the 4960 20 something years later but you wouldn't badmouth them.. Chevy builds the same truck for 10 years or so and no one complains about thier crappy cab.

Sorry for the rant but that just pisses me off to no end.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I like Agco, and we run Agco and whe Whites before that had the same cab. But compared to Deere and Case and even the MT Cats they've been outdated for a long time. True Deere did use the same basic cab on the 30 through 60 series for 20 years but back in those days every company had a basic but comparable cab that they updated every now and again. But at that time no brand really stood out over any other as far as their cabs went. But when Deere came out with their new cab back in 95 it reset the standard and made everything else look like crap as well as outdated.

And when Agco introduced the 8000 and 9700 series Whites and Allis it was a shame compared to what Deere had been using for 3-4 years by that point as well as compared to what Case came out with that same year as Agco. So while companies such as Chevy or Deere may do the same thing they don't keep on doing it while everyone else has switched to something new a while ago to keep with the times. And when they dropped White and Allis to form the AGCO line, that would've been a good time to update the cab. Instead they're still using the same thing. They just change some panels here and there or maybe the color.

·
Banned
469 Posts
Connor,

Maybe you should look at the new products prior too spouting off at the mouth. The new cabs don't look anything like the old white cabs. How's that buddy seat in your old white cab? What about that joystick control for your loader in your old white? What about Dyna-Step transmission with highway speeds of 31 mph on your old white? You ever had to change the PTO shaft from 540 to 1000 rpm on your old White? It only takes a flip of a switch in the new tractors. Why does AGCO have to totally redesign everything every year? It's a cab with two doors. What really matters to me is the features and the price? I bet if you ask your daddy, he would agree with me.

Masseypride

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Quote:Connor,

Maybe you should look at the new products prior too spouting off at the mouth. The new cabs don't look anything like the old white cabs. How's that buddy seat in your old white cab? What about that joystick control for your loader in your old white? What about Dyna-Step transmission with highway speeds of 31 mph on your old white? You ever had to change the PTO shaft from 540 to 1000 rpm on your old White? It only takes a flip of a switch in the new tractors. Why does AGCO have to totally redesign everything every year? It's a cab with two doors. What really matters to me is the features and the price? I bet if you ask your daddy, he would agree with me.

Masseypride

I agree with you here!

We're looking to trade in a JD4010, or a MF 1155 (haven't decided which) on a MF 7400 series. The cabs are well-laid out, comfortable as heck, and everything is simple to use.

We've looked at all brands, except NH, and simply put, MF, Valtra, and Fendt have the nicest cabs.

Everyone has their own taste, though, I guess.

-Christian

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Erm...

No.

Valtra = Swedish/Finish tractor brand. Original maker of the Sisu engines.
Fendt = The world leader in tractor technology - the most advanced transmission, which, ahem... John Deere copied.
Massey Ferguson / Agco / Challenger = same tractor, based on MF, with either Perkins, or Sisu engines - except for the Challenger, which have Cat engines.

Valtra, and Fendt each have their own cab designs. MF/Agco/Challenger share one. I don't see where Fendt's cab is too small... Also have no clue what metal you're refering to. Maybe it's because I'm German
(that's a joke
)

-Christian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are farm has 3 agco's with Fendt transmissions. The only reason I don't get leg cramps in that little cab is I never have to use the clutch or brake pedals. Also it would be nice If all the hydraulic remotes were close to each other, like the challenger series. Also its great getting your fingers smashed when the seat bounces while your fingers are on the PTO switch. That all the complaining I have about agco for now otherwise I'll be here awhile.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well I am anticipating the new products to see what they've done. But you can't deny that Agco is really good at just continuing to use and rework a platform that they already have. Case in point the cabs that they are currently using. As far as my dads concerned he could care less about the features. Sure he'll use them and buy them. But if you offered him a brand new tractor that had the same options and features as one of his old Olivers that he bought when he started farming he'd probably buy it. He wouldn't care if it didn't have a lot of these new fancy options on it. He'll tell you it worked for him back then and it will work for him now.

As for the current cabs not being anything like the old White and Allis, which cabs are you referring to? We have 86 and 8710 Whites that use the same cab as our DT180a AGCO, yes the one with two doors and curved glass on the back corner windows. The buddy seats between the two aren't really that different, just the backs. our 8710 has the left hand shuttle shifter on the steering column just like the Agcos as well as the joystick for the hydraulics on the seat mounted console just like the Agcos. Came on the last year of production on the Whites and Allis kinda hard to find one with the joystick hydraulics, but the left hand reverser was offered as an option back in 98 when that series came out.
If you're thinking of the old cabs from the 6100 series Whites, then yes they are different.

But otherwise all they've really done is just change some panels here and there. I will say that they have incorporated some new features and technology into the A series since the White and Allis days. But a lot of the things that they've added they could have been using back in 98 when the new White and Allis series came out. Things such as the headland and engine management systems, trailed imlement control, monitoring systems...But they chose to wait a while, even after everyone else had been using a lot of these options for a few years or more.

And I'll agree with farm20. While the cabs are nice, it's kinda like stepping back in time when you climb into one, especially if you've just come from an 8000 series Deere or MX Case. Still using a bunch of levers and buttons off to the side that you have to reach for. And yes the PTO button can be tricky. You almost have to reach underneath the armrest to get to it. And if the seat is bouncing your hand can get caught in there.

Thats just something that I don't like about Agco is that they're constantly playing catch up. They've got good products and they're getting the technology into them. But by the time they catch up to others in certain areas they're already starting to fall behind again because everyone else is upgrading and offering new features. And their cabs are one thing that fell behind a long time ago.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fendt is a great tractor but the cab is a bit small. The newest series has the big cab. I was told that the old Fendt cab could fit inside the new one so its that much bigger.

And yes the Agco DT 240, Massey 8480 and the largest Challenger are all the same tractor. Basically it has a Agco cab, Sisu engine and Fendt rear end and transmission. I know the smaller models are the same also but for the sake of argument here I just used the largest of each color.

I helped our Massey dealer out at the farm show here about a month ago. We had a 8480 there on display along with 2 other tractors and a combine rotor. The cab on the 8480 is the same basic cab as our 8280 but the gauges and levers are different. A much better way of having it laid out in my opinion. But I like the 8280 cab layout just fine. Its simple and it works.

And yes Connor we use Olivers too. Got 5 of em right now. All were bought second hand.

Agco has the industry by the tail when it comes to a CVT/IVT transmission. No one else has anything near as good as the Fendt tranny. Looks like Deere is playing catch up on that one and as far as I know CIH has nothing like it but the Steyr overseas.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I agree with you 100% riceman. Agco is one up on everyone else witht their transmission. They were the first to get the CVT into the NA market and its much better than Deere's in my opinion. But Agco still lags behind a lot with some of the "finer" details. And their cab has been one of them for a long time. As far as cabs go they can't even compete with Deere and Case or even their own MT Cats as far as visibility and operator comfort and convenience with control layout.

·
Registered
504 Posts
We'll agree to disagree then. Cause I've spent probably 8,000 hours in the new style JD cabs and I don't have many points to brag on them about. Probably spent 2,000 hours in a Agco cab and about the same in a Fendt cab. Each have their strong points and weak points. We just bought a STX450 CIH so we'll see how good the cabs are on them after a few weeks of running it. I just spent all day in a CIH Quadtrac tractor and really have no problems with the old style Steiger cab either.

Honestly if its got a good a/c and the radio is decent it makes the day go by much faster no matter what brand it is.

It is good to see Deere and CIH playing catchup with the IVT in the Agco tractors. We had a 7920 JD with their CVT leased for 3 years and could not wait until those 3 years were over. That tractor was horrible, bad fuel economy, low power, rough riding, and the CVT was a joke. Getting out of that tractor and getting into our 926 Fendt was night and day difference.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Get ready boys, the 09 models will set the standard for cabs and tractors from what I hear. Remember, Cat engineers are working with the Agco group now, things are progressing very well thank you. Watch over the next few years and see what comes.

The Challenger high horsepower FWA tractors will have a SISU because Cat engines can't be configured to be narrow enough to fit under the new hood. Rumor has it some are running in the South West in green camo.

Deere came with their newest style cab after the Case Magnums came out and kicked their A** for a year or two.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The only thing I really like about the Deere and Case cabs over Agco is the better visibility and control layout with everything on the armrest. They're also a little bigger and have a little more room. But I like the quietness and ride in the Agco though. I always thought that they shoud've started using the MT cabs when Agco bought the Challenger line, but that never happened. But if Agco can improve even over those then I can't wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope agco gets the new models fixed better then the older ones. Other than the fendt transmission, They have many problems. One tractor will shut down in the middle of the road or middle of the field, good feeling having to coast too a stop so you turn key off and restart. Learn the hard way trying that while moving. Bin doing that since new and agco could care less. Usually blow at least one or two hydraulic lines a year, and retighten a few lines because of leaks. There is also a hole in the bottom of the compartment behind the motor where is a fan to cool the trany, I assume. Anyway that fan while suck up hay and dust, normally seizing up a starter every 2000 hrs. And the list of problems goes allot longer.

·
Banned
469 Posts
farm20,

What make, model, year, hours do you have. Sound like your electric fuel solenoid is bad. Or you losing power to the solenoid. Might also be the starter switch itself. Get your test light out and roll up your sleeves. The next time the tractor stops. See if the electric solenoid has power to it. If it does you have a faulty electric solenoid. If it does not, follow the power back to the ignition switch. Looking for a grounded wire and testing for power throughout the wire. If you have no power, check the ignition switch. Turn the switch on and off and see which wire becomes hot to the electric solenoid. Would take me twenty minutes to diagnose the problem. If all that crap doesn't work throw the d**n solenoid away and put a pull throttle cable in place of the solenoid. Pull the switch to kill, push to start. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THE PROBLEM AGAIN!

Now, blowing hydraulic lines means too much pressure or a plugged return. They make hydraulic gauges to test the pressure levels of the pumps. Put one on and read how much pressure the pump is producing. If its producing too much figure out the problem. Either the relief valve is out of adjustment or the return line is plugged. Either one could be easer to fix than replacing the lines twice a year. If your in that much dirt and hay its probably a plugged relief valve or the return line is plugged. Extreme small tolerances on the relief valve can make a huge difference on pressures.

The starter is a sealed unit. If dirt and hay are getting in the unit, the unit is not sealed. The starter is probably having problems because of the first problem you mentioned. Fix one and you fix the other.

I wish I lived around you. I would come fix all these problems. If the AGCO shop can't fix it take somewhere else. If they can't either, find one of the dirty farmers you see at the cafe. 9 out of 10 times he will have you running the next day with no more problems.

Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty or have too much pride to ask for help. You can PM anytime for help. Don't like to see any farmer struggle with something.

Masseypride

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for all the info masseypride. Its a DT180 3 yrs old with 2000hrs. I had a found a agco rep 2weeks ago in dealer office so I gave him 3/4 of my problems. As for the tractor shutting down, it does this once or twice a year, you will be going along it will throw one error, mean while the the tractor will still be running just the tranny will be driving the engine, when you come too a stop the computer system will shut its self down then restart. I normally shut the key off for alittle bit then restart and continue on my way. Agco guy pulled errors out of the tractor and figured it was wiring harness or something. Has been two weeks and heard nothing, Going on 4 yrs with this problem.

As for the starter, I've started plugging hole to fix that problem. I think it funny agco doesn't think they have problem.

Rt 150 will go through 5 gallon bucket of hydraulic oil in 2 weeks if your running constant hydraulic flow. Have told dealer were it is leaking with no results.

Agco rep is more concerned about the programing in the Dt240. Which is the best tractor of the three. It peaked out on dyno around 300

Next best dealer around here is case. Rumor is they will have good transmition by 2010.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts