The Combine Forum banner

New Bourgault tank

18K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  Darla9193 
#1 ·
since bourgault has stopped production on the 7000 series tank
I’ve been coming on here to see if there has been any chatter on the new tank or maybe some spy pictures or any discussion regarding The new 9000 series tank.
Does anybody know much about these tank?
All I’ve been told The metering system is the same as the 7000 series
but the Big change is The tanks are individual and all have their own load cells.
Been told there’s a 650 bushel cart size.
And they are in production very soon as they will be starting delivery this spring.

There’s a couple more things I know they’re supposed to be introducing or launching but I’ll keep that under wraps for now
unless anybody else has heard interesting future equipment coming that they like to share.

#2 ·
since bourgault has stopped production on the 7000 series tank
I’ve been coming on here to see if there has been any chatter on the new tank or maybe some spy pictures or any discussion regarding The new 9000 series tank.
Does anybody know much about these tank?
All I’ve been told The metering system is the same as the 7000 series
but the Big change is The tanks are individual and all have their own load cells.
Been told there’s a 650 bushel cart size.
And they are in production very soon as they will be starting delivery this spring.

There’s a couple more things I know they’re supposed to be introducing or launching but I’ll keep that under wraps for now
unless anybody else has heard interesting future equipment coming that they like to share.
Yup but not supposed to say much about what is being built and what is coming.......

#12 ·
It seems a bit ridiculous, they are selling them for spring but no information on them at all. Spring is 4 months away no info on the web, the Saskatoon Crop production show was last week and it was a 7950 their. It almost seems as if they are not confident in their product, or they still don’t have it ready for the market. I would have a hard time buying one the way they are bringing them out, it would make me nervous about not getting it on time or having problems that they have not solved yet. This is not how a product is launched into the market if they are confident in it.

#18 ·
They are making 45 tanks for this spring in various sizes I was told. Limited release so they can fix any issues that may come up. Isn’t that better then going whole hog and having problems that they can’t fix?
Singulation machine is still got some issues to work out......

#21 ·
There where a couple of new
They are making 45 tanks for this spring in various sizes I was told. Limited release so they can fix any issues that may come up. Isn’t that better then going whole hog and having problems that they can’t fix?
Singulation machine is still got some issues to work out......
I was told that they were only making the 950 bushel one for the coming season.

#19 ·
I’m not totally convinced BG is behind production. I have been contemplating for a while on changing my drill and I decided last week to inquire to see if BG still had build spots for delivery this spring. I was very sceptical and thought to myself there was no chance being January 20 . Got word yesterday that there was no problem they could build the drill and deliver it end of March.
I told my dealer the only way I would pull the trigger is if they could pair it up with the new 9000 series cart. When I asked that request I did not get a flat out no I was told they are going to work on it and get back to me.

Last week had also asked John Deere the same request if I could get a drill delivered in time for spring with their new 650bus tank. I was told today that there is no way I could get their new tank they were all spoken for and no dealers are willing to give them up their demo units.

#28 ·
Meskie the uneven distribution gets worse with wider tools and higher rates of product. The continual changes of the distribution system and manifolds are a clear admission there is problems, but you will read in BG literature all along that there is no issues....go figure.:cautious:
Would agree SWMAN. My 950 has all updates to 2020, still issues. It's on a Seedhawk drill, which due to no MRB seems to show distributions issues better. Pics worth more than words.

#30 ·
I saw the photo of the seed damage you posted on here back then. We haven’t seen that damage over here. I’m not sure how you obtained that particular sample, but I’m positive our meter causes no such damage, that’s very obvious by looking in the pail after a calibration procedure.

I can’t recall if the sample you showed had any seed row fertilizer in it or not? But I presume you may have collected a sample from an opener with a fan speed set for a near maximum flow load of in row MAP & sulphur & seed, but only released a bit of seed into the airstream for a test? I’m sure the actual internal airspeed in the distribution system is dramatically lower when fully loaded with product going down the field, even though the fan speed increases slightly as the airflow approaches aerodynamic stall speed for the individual seeds and pellets.

We do use much heavier seeding rates, not because of damage but rather because of environmental seedling mortality from planting earlier than optimal. Now that soybeans are well established in the rotation, we’re going to switch the planting order and try planting the beans before doing the canola, and see how that works out.
And yes, 8 tower drills can deliver more product than 6 tower units before primary lines begin phasing in and out of stall speed.

#31 ·
We’ve also determined that the majority of our own visible distribution issues indicated by actual emergence populations, have been caused from primary hoses developing wear holes in them during the course of emptying the cart. We’re starting with all brand new high quality primary hose this spring.

#34 ·
I don’t have that answer for you at the moment. It’s heavy walled like a water hose but has a black coloured coil stiffener. It might be John Deere? I know it’s expensive I won’t hype any hose until I’ve seen it used for a season, but very happy to be starting out with 100% new.

I always have help to change hoses and it hasn’t increased our refilling times to just fix as fails, but it has cost some crop quality doing it that way, for sure.

#33 ·
What do you guys think is damaging the seeds? They still used an auger meter do they not? Think it's the auger or something in the distribution system? We have an old 4350 tank and don't have any seed damage at all but only a 40 foot drill so maybe that helps. We used to get damaged canola seeds when we put the sulfur down the same lines as the seed, but since we started broadcasting it out the front of the drill in a separate air stream there is zero damage.

#35 ·
Did fare bit of research last year and ended up replacing fertilizer main hoses on new holland drill with John Deere Kanaflow hose with the black coloured stiffener. Can’t feel any thin spots on outside of radius curves yet. ?
New Holland hose wasn’t lasting worth a sh*t so thought try something different.

#37 ·
Yeah that photo was from my old phone, now dead on my desk and not backed up to anything. I suppose it would be on this site somewhere if one looked hard enough.

The damaged canola seed was simply from a calibration test, I'm sure further damage happened in the airstream, especially at the primary tower. I think certain seed lots are worse than others, perhaps based on variety or moisture content. I have noticed no such damage in meter roller systems and they eliminate the primary tower which is also the main culprit for huge variances in seed/fertilizer distribution errors.

Those pictures from jimbobobaroo are very concerning, and are on large fields so not sectional control involved on full runs. I just honestly don't get why BG won't move on from the auger meter, otherwise I like the tank apart from being a bit heavy
Somebody should probably retire at Bourgault then they might change to modern seed meter

#38 ·
One of the Bourgault guys at ag days was telling me that the summer announcement will be the 9000 series cart, singulation metering on the toolbar so it would be like a bulk fill planter as I understood it. He was saying that finding little benefit of singulation in cereals but was excited for it in canola based on the results in Bourgault's research.

#39 ·
Wonder how this singulation on the toolbar is going to work. Seems like either they would have to have two hoses to the seed boot or it will be impossible to put fertilizer in the seed row. Also 76 seed boxes and meters seems like a lot of moving parts.

Sorry for the potato quality pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.