The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there anybody seen or heard more about the new caseih combine supposed to have a rotor thats 24 inches longer and it gonna be a class 10

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope cnh wont let them because nh has got twin rotors if they did that nh would also want the cvt drive on there machines so then you'd have two of the same machines in a different color. And you i think you know the reason all those mfg's put in 2 rotors because they can't make one work so they put in 2. ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
nope cnh wont let them because nh has got twin rotors if they did that nh would also want the cvt drive on there machines so then you'd have two of the same machines in a different color. And you i think you know the reason all those mfg's put in 2 rotors because they can't make one work so they put in 2. ;)
All the red dealers are talking about twin rotor for 2022. And forget that anyone wants a CVT drive. A New Holland will leave any Case in the dust with belt drive.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
when racing maybe but you want grain in the tank and less maintenance
I have yet to see a case keep more grain then a Cr in small grains. Every color loves demoing against red machines around here.
And a belt drive with variable speeds is a CVT........

·
Registered
52 Posts
Twin rotors are so 2020. Who will bring out the first triple rotor, 1000+hp combine?

In all seriousness, I've never really thought CaseIH was really trying to keep up with the "Biggest Combine" challenge. They usually just focused on just making good machines.

We demo'd a Cr a few years ago, mainly just for the Drago corn head it had on it. But after several hours with the saleperson and a dealer tech working on it, we gave up as it was throwing an ungodly amount of corn out the back. That said, any machine will do poorly...if it doesn't get setup correctly for the conditions. The salesman and tech just couldn't dial that one in for some reason. Our current 7088...I really believe I can't shove the corn in fast enough for it to throw it out the back...it will run out of engine first.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
CNH is such a weird company. Almost as weird as Agco. When their biggest competition is themselves, that's bordering on silly. The NIH syndrome that seems to be prevalent among the respective engineering teams is a liability not an asset.

But whatever the case (pun intended), the single rotor design (any color) is maxed out by the time you get to class 8 or 9. No amount of rotor lengthening will fix that. It would be rapidly diminishing returns.

Case will have to offer a twin rotor at some point. But I think it would be silly to have a completely different design from the New Holland machines. Unless of course the new twin rotor would also become the new NH platform.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm trying to imagine a longer rotor. Rotor losses have never been a problem in durum and the various specialty crops we grow. The chopper would have to go external. Tried Redekop this year and it was not the answer for us. Our class 9s are often maxed out by cleaning capacity and not horsepower so I hoping they work on that first.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I guess I heard a couple years ago that the CaseIH combine would go to a twin rotor, I heard that from someone at my local CaseIH dealership, but I don’t know if there is any truth to it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have never understood all the hoopla about one make of combine being appreciably better than another. Each has its good and bad points. I have ran International then Case/IH for years mostly because of familiarity, dealer support, because they have gotten the job done and done well. 1460, 1480, 1688 and now an 8010. When set properly the 8010 will keep the grain as well as any other combine I have been in contact with from gleaners, lexions, nh, and deere. It’s simple, trustworthy and been relatively trouble free. Actually more trouble free than any other combine I have ever owned. Are there things that aggravate me? Yes. Rear tank window cleaning. Plastic fuel tank. Internal chopper. Uneven residue spread in certain conditions and crops. But all in all it has done everything I have asked of it and more. I doubt any other make would be appreciably different.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the red dealers are talking about twin rotor for 2022. And forget that anyone wants a CVT drive. A New Holland will leave any Case in the dust with belt drive.
heard it from a custom harvester, who also had the first 2100 series case combine when it was still a prototype or being tested and also was one of the first guys to have a photo of the then new deere sts when it was still in development and testing in late 1990's early 2000's and all the deere dealers denied or had no clue a rotary machine was in the pipeline.

·
Registered
752 Posts
One territory rep lips were moving and said in Europe they are developing new CNH combine Double conventional cylinder for threshing and new design walkers with closing flaps .
Capacity sounds very good very little losses and very good fuel consumption cause little hp required in comparison to rotary design .

·
Registered
1 Posts
CNH is such a weird company. Almost as weird as Agco. When their biggest competition is themselves, that's bordering on silly. The NIH syndrome that seems to be prevalent among the respective engineering teams is a liability not an asset.

But whatever the case (pun intended), the single rotor design (any color) is maxed out by the time you get to class 8 or 9. No amount of rotor lengthening will fix that. It would be rapidly diminishing returns.

Case will have to offer a twin rotor at some point. But I think it would be silly to have a completely different design from the New Holland machines. Unless of course the new twin rotor would also become the new NH platform.
case is not weird they want the best machine that does the best job they don't want to race and make a piece of crap we run an old 1460 and I cant throw wheat out and its a combine from the 80s

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The classic combines are indeed proven machines. But realize that that series of combine was produced by a very different company than the one we are talking about today. Not even Case actually. I'm hard pressed to draw any conclusion about the present goals of CNH based on what another company did in the past.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts