The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New models for 2009
20 series cvt drives, 88 belt drives new styling, new hoppers. Very nice looking combines.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Are you sure? I didn't think they'd use numbers that were already in their system like "7120", wasn't that a tractor model?

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Quote:New models for 2009
20 series cvt drives, 88 belt drives new styling, new hoppers. Very nice looking combines.

Carved in stone or swagged?
And you know this because... ?

Don

·
Registered
463 Posts
If it is true you wont be making the 09 combines for a while right? The 08 combine should be made til almost this fall. Please correct me if I am thinking wrong.
At least part of it is right.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy Baker is Jim Walker's boss. All units will be for 2009 production. Some 7088's running this year. ALL numbers are correct. Actually got to touch the 7088. The 9120 will be limited for2009. Will show to public at all farm shows.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
haha i was wondering that too.

Tom jones said the numbers are right..

(THUMBS UP)

also a new hopper?? how about faster unloading system!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, don't have a lot of specs on machines yet. The 7088 will have a new grain tank, like the 7010, with option of electric fold. Unload at 3 bu/sec, clean grain elevator about 15% increase. I think the 7088 was listed at 325hp and the 9120 was said to max at 525 hp.

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Quote:
Quote:Randy Baker is Jim Walker's boss. All units will be for 2009 production. Some 7088's running this year. ALL numbers are correct. Actually got to touch the 7088. The 9120 will be limited for2009. Will show to public at all farm shows.I will agree to disagree for now. All I know is that 3 of the numbers will be made in 09. Oh and I got to see all the new ones be for the public did.

May as well give you one more thing to disagree on.
Regardless of the number they will still be no match for a 590R
In my conditions, nowhere close.

Don

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Quote:Oh oh Don you've become one of those mines better than your's guys and you haven't even got it yet.
Benny that's not the point I was trying make although I can see where it could be interpreted that way.
Let's you and I get into a on going discussion on where
Kokanee's going to hide the sasquatch on the label next year.
Exactly. Pointless.

Don

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:New models for 2009

If these ARE the new numbers, I got the first three right as mentioned in the other post about new model numbers.

Question- Why do they need to build two styles of a class 7 machine? I would think if you are in that market for a class 7 combine why not buy the 7010 style (7120)?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
At the end of the day, the number that the marketing department puts on the side of the machine is meaningless. That said, I'm going to guess the 5020-9020.

The 2588 machine is the bread and butter of the CNH combine division - anyone who looks around the countryside can see they sell a ton of them. When ever it gets renumbered, it will still be the same core machine, probably with some updates. Based on the release of the AFX and small tube rotors, they are still developing and increasing capacity on a machine that was basically released as the 1480. The original design and dimensions are mostly the same, and I'm pretty sure it will stay in production for many years to come.

The 7010 and 8010 might also get some new numbers, but again, the core machine will be the same with some new improvements. Just look at the number of changes to that machine since 2003.

-Lance

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Quote:Oh oh Don you've become one of those mines better than your's guys and you haven't even got it yet.
Benny that's not the point I was trying make although I can see where it could be interpreted that way.
Let's you and I get into a on going discussion on where
Kokanee's going to hide the sasquatch on the label next year.
Exactly. Pointless.

Don

I know, I know, many a pointless discussion has been resolved over a few "pop".

I'm in.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

Don
Please, elaborate on that.

See what you started Don. lmao

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK guys, I got the numbers at the Case-IH dealer meeting in Orlando, FL. Got the info in the new product session. Randy Baker (the head cheese for Case-Ih), was present at the meeting. He seems to be a very nice gentleman bye the way. Case-IH actually had the 7088 on the ground at the meeting. Last night of the meeting Craig Morgan put on a concert too.

As far as these numbers being incorrect, I can't guarantee that, but it is what the dealers were told.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i agree with mx270a on the numbers. i just think it would make more sense to make the numbers like it is all one series instead of two and i think that they should also try not to repeat numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think the 100 is correct. I'm pretty sure it would be a 90/80/70 rather than 91/81/71 but we will have to wait in see. I also like the random comment on how the 590 will still be better. Seeing as the 8010 has roughly 1000+ inches more in cleaning area over the 590 and the class IX red machine will have more HP than the CAT, I'm pretty sure a much better combine is on the way. Course, the cat was never the best to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

Don
Please, elaborate on that.

With pleasure.
As you put more power to the existing separating design on the 8010 separating limitations will quickly be met. Compare that to Lexion's 2 eccentrically mounted rotors running in oval shaped tubes, no comparison in separating ability.
In tough conditions the hybrid Lexion design consumes far less power (read fuel) putting the straw through. O yea you can tell me about your small rotor or a bullet rotor but those changes are a fart in wind storm compared to the fundamentally completely different design of the Lexion. That design makes for much more constant power consumption across a wide range of crop moisture levels than any rotary design.
Keep in mind I'm talking my conditions, peas, wheat, canola, barley.
I know nothing of what any of any these machines do in other crops.
Will I keep watch on what's coming down the pipe from all manufacturers? Absolutely.
Just don't suffer "so far behind you think your ahead" syndrome.
I get the feeling one way or the other I'm dealing with company men here, it's your job to tow the company line. You can't agree with me anonymously or not, whether you agree with me or not.
That's where were different. You tow the company line.
I write checks.

Don

1 - 20 of 76 Posts