The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dealer called us the other day wanting to know if we would be interested in testing a different rotor in our 7010 that we ordered. Dad went over and talked to them and they said they are trying to get this rotor into a handful 2588/7010/8010's for 07 for research purposes. The way I understand it, its a rotor that they have been running in rice machines and have had very good luck with. Its suppose to be a little bit smaller size of cylinder with a little bit longer rasp bars to produce a thicker crop mat in the same size rotor cage. I thought i remembered reading something about it on here but couldn't find the post.

They said they wanted us to try it and if we didn't like it they would put the standard afx rotor in it at no cost to us.

Sounds like it might be a fun deal to be a part of. If anyone has any experience with this rotor i would be interested to hear what you think.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, here in rice country there was one that I know of that was used in the 06 harvest. It is as described to you smaller drum with taller rasp bars, also fewer number of rasp bars I was told. Supposed to reduce hp requirements with no loss of capacity. Farmer said that it performed well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes the new rice rotor is being called the "ST" or " Small Tube Rotor". It has longer rasp bars and a smaller diameter drum. Farmers and Case-IH people I've talked to said this new design is much better in rice than the original AFX rotor. They say in standing dry rice you won't see a great increase in capacity, but when the straw is green, in high moisture conditions, or when the rice is down, you will see a huge increase (approx 30%) over the AFX rotor. Also, from what I've been told, this rotor is for 7010/8010 only, and will not be offered in 2007 for the 2588's.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we were told this rotor isn't available to everyone for 2007. However I see on their web page that they list this rotor as an option. From what we were told they are putting this rotor in a couple 2588's as well to test its performance.

Their web page lists this:

MR Rice rotor, small tube diameter (Includes spiked rasp bars over entire rotor) $11,176.00
Requires Section 2 Code BF

MC For corn, soybeans & small grains (Includes eight spiked rasp bars in separating area) $6,315.00

MD Extended wear rotor. Recommended for small grains. Can also be used for corn, soybeans & edible beans. (Includes eight spiked chrome alloy rasp bars in separating area) $8,766.00

For a $4861.00 upcharge the rotor better work darn good. :)

Btw the web page i got this off of is:

http://caseih.cnhbuilder.com/

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I bought my 2188 off my neighbor and he now runs a 7088 with a small tube rotor. He said that he likes it alot better and I noticed his combine is leaving less out the back than last year in corn. The combine that left so much behind in corn before is now my combine and I have had minimal losses with it,( he was using a 12 row head in really good corn too). In tough soys and rice it does an outstanding job, with his losses in power and yield minimized over my 2188 with specialty rotor with rasp bars. Im considering this upgrade for my 2188.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Can you replace a standard afx rotor with the small tube? Is it just the rotor that is smaller or are there any other changes with concaves etc?
Just the rotor. I put this "rice" version in my 1680 and have 2 seasons on it now. I need to get my large tube balanced and sell it. I'll never go back.

For my crops though, I removed the spike bars in the threshing/concave are and replaced them with standard rasp bars. This year, for radish and clovers, I installed 12 of the straight bars in the threshing area. Man did that ever work awesome. Left the spikes over the grates.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.