The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is there anyone who has had some experience with new Magnum 340 with SCR and EPM?
I´m interested in new Magnum because we have three old Case Magnum tractors and perharps we will have to buy a new tractor and so I want to know how much is new Magnum reliable.
We think about Case Magnum or new John Deere 8R. The new tractor will be pull a new chisel plow 3m and disc cultivator Lemken Rubin 6m.
Thank.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
Have you had any problems with them? I want to know if there are any troubles with them or they are better than old MX 285 and 335.
Thank

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the tractors, no problems to date, made some good changes over the 335. The multi function handle is different but very useful, Pro 700 is much faster, smaller, and works great mounted on the armrest. Transmission is smoother, clutch engagement is noticeably smoother for inching, really like that feature. Thats just a few things I can think of..

·
Registered
998 Posts
All running quite well here - not running SCR on them though so can't comment on that. Cab suspension, armrest, PRO 700 all good reports from people on them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, thank you for your reply.
I spoke with my acquitance today and he told me about new New Holland T8 and Magnum 340. Both of them have some problems with SCR and Magnum has some problems with front axle because there is a diferrent software for front axle suspension. I doubt if i shall believe him because other quys have had new T8 and Magnum 340 for year and no problems with SCR, no problem with front axle.... So it´s funny because our local dealer is already quite nervous:)
I hope you understand me, my English isn´t very good....
Thank

·
Registered
38 Posts
have a T8, great tractor except for the SCR system, has been nothing but trouble. The SCR system has made this the most unreliable tractor I have ever owned.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a lot of tractors with SCR in our country and many of them had troubles with this system and now you must not be afraid of using, no problems.
I think about JD 8370R. JD dealers say, that their tractors have only clear power without DEF, only EGR with DPF.
Yes, We have known that they have DPF with SCR yet :D
But our neighbours have Quadtracs 600, Magnum 340, MF 8690, NH T7. and really without troubles with engines with SCR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts