The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got to talk to a Case rep today. He said the new series of CaseIH combines will be released for the 2009 model year. There will be some prototypes out for testing next year but that is it. Probably under cover I'm guessing. Here is what the models will be.

AFX 9020 Class IX
AFX 8020 Class VIII
AFX 7020 Class VII
AFX 6020 Class VI
AFX 5020 Class V

So far the specs on the AFX 9020 are hush hush. The only info I got is that the AFX 9020 will have more hp, and be designed to run a 16R30 cornhead just like a AFX 8010 runs a 12R30. He did say that CaseIH has developed a 16R30 head, but are holding the release till 2009 with the AFX 9020. Any combines that are going to run a 16R30 will have heavier lift cylinders under them. The AFX 70/8020 will largely remain unchanged. The 50/6020 will be a 2577/88 with the new plastic, and a few other changes. He did not disclose what.

I did mention jokingly about CaseIH wanting to play with the big boys, and the Lexion/Claas 590R. He just chuckled and said yeah they better be ready.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
So the 5020 and 6020 will remain rotor belt driven or changed to the cvt transmission? I wish the lineup would be built the same for simplicity, but understandable why they would keep the old style.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ok so now when is deer going to come out with a TRUE class nine lexion is kickin a** sounds like case ih is gonna be kickin a** and will probably just put more horse power to the 9870 and still be suckin hind tit

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Quote:ok so now when is deer going to come out with a TRUE class nine lexion is kickin a** sounds like case ih is gonna be kickin a** and will probably just put more horse power to the 9870 and still be suckin hind tit
As long as the others stay with their current fundamental designs, I do not believe Claas will be rivaled, and OH, does anybody here believe Claas is sitting on their hands? They could just change that 600 chopper to a mav, presto 70 more hp then a 590, ZERO development costs (big companies like that) here by March!
The irony in all this is we on this forum talk about everyone's "biggest" but that's not what sells. They are just flagships. With the exception of Western Canada, which is a small slice of the North American cropping pie, the majority of new sales are Class 6/7.
Ah, there's just something manly about talking about the "biggest" though!

Don

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:not true no 6020 5020 right it down see who knows. it's just what everyone wants to hear

Thats what he said......Also it would make sense though to make them all look alike. Also to have a number line in order too.......
....Take it for what its worth I'm just sharing the info.......
........ We will all see next year.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:the way the case rep talked there was a 6520 &7520 for the 77 & 88

They way I understood it is the 6020 will be a 2588, class 6 in new plastic. A 5020 will be a 2577 class 5 in new plastic. The 7020 will be the new model 7010 class 7, and so on.......The first number will relate to the class of combine and the last are the series.

F

·
0 Posts
Quote:
Quote:ok so now when is deer going to come out with a TRUE class nine lexion is kickin a** sounds like case ih is gonna be kickin a** and will probably just put more horse power to the 9870 and still be suckin hind tit
As long as the others stay with their current fundamental designs, I do not believe Claas will be rivaled, and OH, does anybody here believe Claas is sitting on their hands? They could just change that 600 chopper to a mav, presto 70 more hp then a 590, ZERO development costs (big companies like that) here by March!
The irony in all this is we on this forum talk about everyone's "biggest" but that's not what sells. They are just flagships. With the exception of Western Canada, which is a small slice of the North American cropping pie, the majority of new sales are Class 6/7.
Ah, there's just something manly about talking about the "biggest" though!

Don

Spot on Don.

The rest of this is just my opinion, might cause a bit of a stir here. IMO There are few areas where class 9 combines are really economical. In talking with some custom cutters that travel the whole run from Texas to Alberta, there really isn't a need for a class 8-9 combine. The yields and quantity of straw just don't warrant the extra cost. If you want to keep the combine full and running to capacity in a light wheat crop a class 8 combine would eight need a 65 foot head at 5 mph or a ground speed of 9-10 mph with a 36 foot head to operate efficiently.

Where is the capacity of a class 9 needed? As far as I can tell In corn, and heavy wet straw conditions. Of course the class 9's are going to sell, but I think that there will remain a large market for the smaller class 5-6-7 combines, especially for smaller operators who don't have the cash flow to justify a class 8-9.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Our local dealer had a meeting to tell about there new harvesting products with some guys from Case and they said that they are almost sold out of production room for the year. Dealers will not be able to order any units for stock and he made it sound like the 7010 would be by far the most popular model this year. He also dropped the "possible 50 ft. draper they are working on". That's almost as big as my house!!! Will cost more than it did too...!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
As long as CaseIH continues to use a slightly modified version of the New Holland CR cleaning system, with its "re-threshing" returns system, in conjunction with its axial rotor in domestic bulk crops like corn and rice and the all to frequent green-stem bean syndrome, the AFX combine will never be at the top of its game.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:As long as CaseIH continues to use a slightly modified version of the New Holland CR cleaning system, with its "re-threshing" returns system, in conjunction with its axial rotor in domestic bulk crops like corn and rice and the all to frequent green-stem bean syndrome, the AFX combine will never be at the top of its game.

I don't know about everyone else, but no one around here runs anything but red and green. I like some things about the Lexion's. They are overpriced, but I guess they all are. Case may not be perfect but they are dependable and easy to maintain and work on. The only Lexion around here has been in the shed for 4 years. Parked it after the first year. Couldn't afford that much down time. No one would touch it for a trade. So there it sits. Good thing he has money! We have no problems with green stemmed beans. We grow beans for a couple local seed companies and they said our grain sample is far superior to their "green machine" producers.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
45' flex draper 50' solid cleaning system and rethresher are no problem on the 7010 8010 rethresher does it's job very well much better than a return elevator. their are changes coming to the cleaning systems dynamics of a 9010 are different, will come down to the other models. big things to come

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote:45' flex draper 50' solid cleaning system and rethresher are no problem on the 7010 8010 rethresher does it's job very well much better than a return elevator. their are changes coming to the cleaning systems dynamics of a 9010 are different, will come down to the other models. big things to come

I always laugh when I read your posts (well at least I try and read the broken english you type). Its hard to believe that someone who is supposedly as connected with Case IH as you are (very large farm and multiple machines) can have such BAD info on whats coming. So far nothing I've seen you post in this thread is correct. This also goes back to the "9010" you have on order for next year you posted in another thread. I didn't know you moved to Europe.

Sorry, but theres just too much information flying around to not say something any longer.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts