The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
havent run the krone,but whites had the 1100 around here this past fall,heard it was impressive to run,but parts/service is the big question. ik there will be another 980 in cayuga county this year. i should also add customer around here switched from 2 claas 900s to 2 equivalent krones,he is not happy with them.he may be looking into FRs

·
Registered
166 Posts
We run both machines - Krone 1100 and 980 Man. The krone has bigger guts and better throughput especially for hay with the varistream. The cab on the krone is made specifically for the chopper with the rear window wrapping around putting the pillars in a better spot for spout. The claas has a lot better serviceability and refinements that in the long haul I think makes it better than the krone. The final kicker is resale value and there a lot of people waiting in line for a good claas unit. The krone can't be given away. We are definitely pleased with both machines but when a new 1100 is priced considerably higher than a 980, which for 200 hp more is legitimate, and it's worth about a $100,000 less at trade in then you have to ask what are your business goals...

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
We do not have to give used Krone's away in our area. It's always about the dealer in that area. We have a very good one so used ones sell. We carry a trailer full of parts with us, but have had a few stupid shipping screw ups over the years with Krone. Can't say that we did not ever have the same kind of sloppiness with Claas before though so it just seems to happen I guess. The old " I forgot to mark it as next day or Saturday delivery". As for performance I have not run a Claas since 2006 but there is no comparison from what I see when it comes to pickup work. Six feed rolls are a big bonus. Our customers are happy with chop quality and processing scores, and we are happy with reliability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.