The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard today that Claas were trialing a new Maxflow header 12.3m with a centre draper mat in the Moree area this harvest, has anyone seen or heard anything? Also has anyone run the new 12.3 Vario and what were your thoughts? Will they build a 12.3 Flex header as well? 12m European gear is just a bit small for our tramlines here in Oz, 40ft is fine ��

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They won't be a success until they fit a centre mat, I used a Maxflow when they first came out, in light or short crops it was a dud, but a true 40ft'er and a centre mat it would work really well, Oh well fingers crossed they do have a go at it sooner rather than later!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing that always worries me about tin fronts is feeding light crops off the knife and up the feeder house, that's were a draper always shines. What are the stand out points for you Tim602 and what sort of crops and yields will you harvest with your Vario?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a run of the Vario 1230 the last couple of days in mungbeans, what a great front followed the ground well, it didn't feel any heavier than our mid west draper working on the ground, it fed very well and cut nice and close to the deck even though we don't have a hP feeder house. But I did hear that they were bits of pigs in barley, that sounded a bit strange to me but can anyone elaborate on that for me or tell me what problems you have had with your Vario thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,037 Posts
Also has anyone run the new 12.3 Vario and what were your thoughts? Will they build a 12.3 Flex header as well? 12m European gear is just a bit small for our tramlines here in Oz, 40ft is fine ��
How does Claas measure cutting width?
MacDon is from center of pipe divider, both ends. So it includes all gather.
No cushion whatsoever.
Just curious what is common practise, doesn't seem to be any standard.

I have put a tape on an Agco header a few years ago, a 5100 I think, it's exposed knife was longer than the headers badged width!:)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, never head that before, my experience has been that you'll love it even more in barley!! Crop lifters work a treat!
Think the knife is the width.
What's the bean yield bean like?
1.8t/ha Jades, pretty good yield, have you had any dramas at all with your Vario Gav, shearing knife drive shear bolts or any other dramas with your Vario. Are you going to be harvesting any beans this summer with those fingers you bought last year?

·
Banned
234 Posts
1.8t/ha Jades, pretty good yield, have you had any dramas at all with your Vario Gav, shearing knife drive shear bolts or any other dramas with your Vario. Are you going to be harvesting any beans this summer with those fingers you bought last year?
yeild sounds fairly good hey:).
No problems at all with front yet, would like to try with a bat reel tho.
Yeah have a fair few beans to do latter on, their not half way yet!
Its the only way to harvest beans!:54:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.