The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks like a good idea except the cummins. Cummins is a closed off system and dealer support is lacking big time. Looks like the higher end trions are basically a c78 740/750 machine. That's nothing to look down our noses at, probably still better than a s680. There is a gap in the lineup now with the new series taking a giant leap forward in capacity. No need to mothball the old narrowbody it is plenty good combine still. Someone on here needs to take one for the team and get some hard pricing on one, would be interesting to see how they stack up compared to a 7400.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The "new" series was introduced some days ago here in Germany.
Actually its a cross-breed of a Tucano and the old Lexion series. Its still the old APS threshing system inside, but with double rotor / single rotor or walkers.

Here they said its a "europe only" machine, atleast for the first year. It shouldn't be available in NA.

To be honest I dont really get it why they make this series. It is supposed to be for mid-sized farms (european family farms). But it seems way too much over engineered.
Sure you can customize it a lot, but why should I buy a completly stacked Trion why I could go whith a smaler Lexion?
Those two model series overlap too much in my opinion. And they are too similar...

Maybe they just want to use old 700 series Lexion components / assembly capacities or contracts.
But I think this whole thing is oversized. And when you look at the bottom of the model range, it's too thin. The gap to the Avero (smal combine) is too big.
If you are looking for a simple mid sized combine, you dont wanna buy a spaceship.

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
Interesting that the larger cab with narrower A pillar, swivel seat and (finally!) a pivoting auger spout does not make it to the higher end Lexion?! Or will it in 22?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Is the cab actually larger or just smaller pillars ? The pic makes it look very roomy with great vision .

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The tractors are supposedly coming out with a new cab so it makes sense it would go on the combines also

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
Is the cab actually larger or just smaller pillars ? The pic makes it look very roomy with great vision .
Can’t see how they could have a 30 degree each way swivel seat in the old cab width.
Thinner A pillars sure do make a cab feel bigger though.
No air conditioning through pillars anymore.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
This the one that’s a dark grey? Or are they all that color? Seen one on the highway and it’s a sharp looking unit.
Better then the puke green

·
Premium Member
793 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
They should change the 360° wiper!
I’m tired of having the windshield completely clean top to bottom and nothing in the way of normal visibility!
This the one that’s a dark grey? Or are they all that color? Seen one on the highway and it’s a sharp looking unit.
Better then the puke green
If your puke is that color see a doctor.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I’m tired of having the windshield completely clean top to bottom and nothing in the way of normal visibility!

If your puke is that color see a doctor.
Sorry…..SNOT green

·
Registered
645 Posts
Can’t see how they could have a 30 degree each way swivel seat in the old cab width.
Thinner A pillars sure do make a cab feel bigger though.
No air conditioning through pillars anymore.
Had a swivel seat in a s790. Thought it be greatest thing ever and it wasn’t. Being turned made a guy sore. Just didn’t work like I thought it would for adding comfort.
Now no steering wheel and a door on floor to flip up so you could stand every now and then would be great.

·
Super Moderator
4,234 Posts
Had a swivel seat in a s790. Thought it be greatest thing ever and it wasn’t.
Interesting, when swivel seats showed up on 4WD tractors that was the end of me ever locking them, in fact had to create ways of permanently unlocking them initially.
Likely less advantage on a combine but surprised to hear it might be a zero advantage.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts