The Combine Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
only time I ever use a swivel seat is for picking stones, backing the grain auger to the bin, trenching and land levelling.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Nice that they make smaller combines rather than being in the race for the biggest. Many farmers like me don't need or can use a 45 foot header. I have nooks in fields only my 80' sprayer can go in without folding the tips. When they are 20 yrs old I may get to ride in one if I am still here. The last thing an organic farmer needs is a high capacity combine. They make money too and buy stuff. Not everybody farms townships. It's seems to buy a combine for smaller acres it's used and old. If they can keep price point down and the gadgets and leather seats out with the bar fridge it would become more affordable. 20 days a yr I don't need top shelf comfort or pay for it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I’m tired of having the windshield completely clean top to bottom and nothing in the way of normal visibility!

If your puke is that color see a doctor.
Hey its Mushy Peas color. Clearly the color of food. If you consider Mushy Peas food. (My wife served Mushy Peas a couple days ago for the first time, the comments from Gen Z were....not complimentary (and this is the same generation that has to have spinach smoothies and guacamole on everything.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
They will be available in the US for harvest 22. Price is supposed to be $100k less than a comparable Lexion. Few less bells and whistles but the guts are similar. Class 7 only for the US is what I was told

·
Registered
58 Posts
Threshing components are similar, possibly the same, as 7xx Lexions. Seem to be pushing the single larger separating cylinder in the back instead of 2 smaller ones.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You have to get out of the cab and change a valve to shift the threshing cylinder range and change things like the intensive threshing segment. No autolube.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If there isn't a lot of shared parts between the 7xx series and the new machines dealers aren't going to want to stock parts for a another combine line.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have wondered about the separating performance of 1 vs 2 rotors. It does remove the need to separate the material right after the impeller. I have also wondered about uneven sieve loading from side to side.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Seems like there was a thread several years ago about single rotor. I’ve felt all along like for corn and soybean country, a single rotor would be more than adequate. That appeals to my situation, less cost and less moving parts. Since that original thread, with Sunnybrook and redesign of new machine, separating crop flow into two streams is not the issue it once was but still, I would investigate that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Single rotor was also available in the Tucanco combine for many years.

But both combines, Trion and Tucano (certain models) have a single rotor for separation.
Its still a hybrid system with a conventional APS threshing system.
Not like a JD S series or Case AF.

The Trion has quite exactly the old Lexion 700 series threshing system. Would be interesting to see if they even kept the part numbers.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I like symmetry, and that was working well with the twin rotors. Yes, they eliminated one rotor, but the rotors really were not ever a weak point on these machines (yes, the front rotor bearings are) I have only ever plugged a rotor when windrowing wet wheat straw and it wouldn't fall down at the rear. These rotors seem to have consumable parts that last a long time.

I hope the single rotor design works well. I would like to see how they transition from cylinder to single rotor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I hope the single rotor design works well. I would like to see how they transition from cylinder to single rotor.
I hope this works... Thats the system form the Tucano

ttps://www.claas.de/produkte/maehdrescher/tucano500-hrc/gutfluss?subject=D10010080_de_DE

21 - 37 of 37 Posts