The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone else heard of a new Claas Vario header coming out next year? All I have heard is it doesn't require the filler plates to be installed when extending the knife right forward for OSR/Canola which would be a great improvement and I'm sure there could be others.

·
Banned
234 Posts
We have a vario thats about 2 seasons old & does not require these filler plates, just a flick of the switch from the cab, its great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I meant to say Claas Vario (Edited title now) I know other manafacturers have vario type headers that don't require filler plates but Claas still have the same orginal design from years ago. I could be right in saying theirs was the first of these type headers? What make is yours Dak?

·
Banned
234 Posts
Sorry I meant to say Claas Vario (Edited title now) I know other manafacturers have vario type headers that don't require filler plates but Claas still have the same orginal design from years ago. I could be right in saying theirs was the first of these type headers? What make is yours Dak?
Yes, combinekeith ours is a Claas Vario that we have had for 2 seasons here in OZ. I cannot compare to an earlier one as i have not owned one of these.
Fully adjustable from the cab is great!:D:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting Dak maybe the one you have is a pre prodution model, do you have any photos you could put up? Thanks. I agree it would be great to just flick a switch to push it right out!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey Dak how do you find the Vario compared to a draper front or the last front you had. In light short crops like mung beans and droughted cereals does it clear the knife easy or do you get a build up of material and how do you find the ground following capabilities does it work alright with the feeder house tilt ? I can't remember if you had that on your header, Did you get any rain over your way today 4mm here :(

·
Banned
234 Posts
Hi there aussie.ltd. really do like the vario in winter cereals, have headed fallen oats & was very handy to push the knife out to help it feed in a lot better, the patches that are standing just flick the switch & pull it in. Also like the hungray board at back to stop sorghum heads from going out. Ground following is great you can go quite low,& tilt has been very handy. Have also harvested corn with knife right out. Have not done mung beans. Chickpeas were ok, do occasionaly get a littel build up, but have put this down mostly to conditions. Have not ran a draper myself. Rain came in at 6mm here, another 20 odd & will think about planting.

Are you going to farmfest aussie.ltd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts