The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday our truck arrived home from moline with our 1 of 6 9770's. By the end of the day it was unloaded and the feeder house was off getting ready for the after market accelerator beater! I'll try to post some pics

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi nebraskaharvester . What after market company ? And what was your reasoning behind the change? I orderd my 9770 last year with the rice accelerator package.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IM not for sure what brand they are i know the company is based out of Sherwood ND. reason we do it is the solid beaters we put in seem to do a better job handleing the clumps and they tough stuff. Today the first machone was done Bin extensions installed and feedhouse back or and the stickers on its ready to go

·
Registered
778 Posts
If it's from Sherwood that would be a Precision accelerator. I've been selling and installing those as fast as I can get them. They feed so much better than a stock one and burning belts is a thing of the past. Also, they don't go out of balance from dust because they're solid.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
What he's putting on a brand new combine is what should be in them to start with. The factory feed accelerator and discharge beater are to say the least, stupid. Holes that allow the dust in so it can throw them off balance.

I'm installing the PFP feed accelerator, tired of all the shaking.

MS

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
nebraskaharvester, I have a 630D on order, won't get to use it until August. I'd appreciate hearing how you get along with them.

MS

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
tell them its bs that they don't put a better product out in the first place...then u wouldn't have to tear into a new combine... that sucks...

·
Registered
39 Posts
JD. does have good products, it's just knowing what to order. The High-Capacity feeding package will give you all you'll ever need. This package gives you the rice accelerator witch is comparable to the after market ones. It works Great!

·
Registered
437 Posts
The "high capacity feeding package" should be standard. A combine should always be run at the highest of capacity. All things like that should be standard, these addons get to stupid. I understand crop specific things, but on things like this it should be standard.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
exactly it should be standard... a few years back we found that the combines we roll 2388.s didn't have the extended wear package and we called the dealer and said what the heck.... why don't they and shouldn't that be standard.... I wasn't bashing green on my comment.. all companies need to change a few things...

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm not familiar with the kutcher but when you see the Precision accelerator next to the stock one you have to wonder what Deere was thinking. The stock drum diameter is way too large. It's no wonder you can't keep a belt on in tough conditions. I don't think the hi-capacity one is much better. And I think all beaters/cylinders should be fully enclosed drums. Thank god Deere at least made the rotor solid.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
greentech, what's the difference in diameter? I'm wondering how
the smaller diameter will affect the accelerators ability to drive a
stone into the stone trap.

MS

·
Registered
778 Posts
The outside diameter is still the same, tip to tip on the paddles so rock deflection shouldn't be a problem. I measured the other day when I installed one. But the inner drum that they're welded to is much smaller. Don't have one right here to measure exactly, but paddle height must be at least 4 inches. The stock ones only stick out about an inch. The extra 3 inches is what allows more material to pass under the accelerator.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If that was the case then wouldn't the stock accelerator jam on a stone because it doesn't fit underneath? I've never seen one jam. You just hear the rock get whapped into the trap.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts