The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Anyone out there in the combine forum world care to comment good or bad on the new Batco BCX3 or UCX3 conveyors or Convey-all stuff that have tried them.

I’m coming from a Brandt 1547Lp. The conveyor has been ok but less than impressed with Kohler engines. I know most of the new stuff is either Kohler or vanguard engines.

Also wondering if a guy should try a Uni-tube or a U-trough auger? Springland or UTX?Would a U-trough be gentler on fertilizer and pulses compared to a regular auger? I’m basically looking for something that can handle all crops. Cereals pulses canola and fertilizers. That is probably a unicorn I know. But what will hold up the best basically. Maybe the new wash system on the new Batco stuff will help more than I think it will with fertilizer and such. Any ideas and comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
664 Posts
i know you didnt mention it but we have been happy with our relia belt. only issue so far is that the tensioner doesnt have alot of travel so you might have to shorten the belt a bit sooner then other brands. also i would prefer if the relief valve was set a bit higher on the mover motors but that should be change able

· Registered
793 Posts
You probably won't like my answer. IMO the Brandt 1547LP+ is your best option.
If you are talking just conveyors, the 1547 Oilseed and the new Conveyall Oilseed are your main options. Personally I much prefer the Brandt to the Conveyall. The unfortunate thing about the 1547 Oilseed is it will have less capacity than you currently have. The extra seals reduce the flow.
The U-trough augers were very popular in this area. Those farms are now looking for belts. I'm not sure why specifically, I assume to be gentler on pulses?

· Registered
5,961 Posts
I’m coming from a Brandt 1547Lp. The conveyor has been ok but less than impressed with Kohler engines. I know most of the new stuff is either Kohler or vanguard engines.
Both Kohler and Vanguard EFI engines are not great. My carb Kohlers on the other hand are always reliable. The old carb kohlers start and runs great for me when cold, whereas the EFI spits out soot for a minute or two on start. I know EFI can do better than that but alas.

· Registered
45 Posts
You probably won't like my answer. IMO the Brandt 1547LP+ is your best option.
If you are talking just conveyors, the 1547 Oilseed and the new Conveyall Oilseed are your main options. Personally I much prefer the Brandt to the Conveyall. The unfortunate thing about the 1547 Oilseed is it will have less capacity than you currently have. The extra seals reduce the flow.
The U-trough augers were very popular in this area. Those farms are now looking for belts. I'm not sure why specifically, I assume to be gentler on pulses?
I am very curious why you prefer the Brandt? I have never used a Brandt, but I have used a diesel conveyall a few years back(I don't remember the model number) and I thought it was pretty decent. I personally prefer my boss's reliabelt because it more maneuverable and has what is IMO a better belt routing on the bottom where the beavertail feeds into the tube. The diesel would also be nice to have but efi Kohler on it hasn't given us any trouble, touch wood, other than that it has a touchy throttle at low rpms, and doesn't love starting in cold weather. Once it is running in the cold it is fine though. So I could recommend a Elias Reliabelt, or the Meridian version. I have no idea if they have a oilseed variant yet though.

· Registered
767 Posts
Why aren’t the convey-all more popular? They look good, but seems nobody has them. I am deciding between the convey-all 1650-TL or the Meridian 20-55. Meridian is cheaper. The Brandt and Batco are the most expensive. The convey-all hydraulic system looks good, looks a little more industrial grade.

· Registered
793 Posts
I am very curious why you prefer the Brandt? I have never used a Brandt, but I have used a diesel conveyall a few years back(I don't remember the model number) and I thought it was pretty decent. I personally prefer my boss's reliabelt because it more maneuverable and has what is IMO a better belt routing on the bottom where the beavertail feeds into the tube. The diesel would also be nice to have but efi Kohler on it hasn't given us any trouble, touch wood, other than that it has a touchy throttle at low rpms, and doesn't love starting in cold weather. Once it is running in the cold it is fine though. So I could recommend a Elias Reliabelt, or the Meridian version. I have no idea if they have a oilseed variant yet though.
To be fair, we have not had Kohler EFI problems yet, but it sounds like that can happen.
I've also never run the 1650-TL. My Conveyall experience is from a bin fill conveyor with swing, a drive over conveyor, and an older truck loader. I'm not bashing Conveyall, just noting the problems we had. On two of the belts I had issues adjusting the pinch point drive system. Adjusting the Brandt to me is much simpler. On two of the belts, I was disappointed with how much they leaked grain, this is on new belts with new seals. I have used 3 Brandts and had no leaks at all.
I like the mechanical drive on the Brandt, maybe there is nothing wrong with the hydraulic drive on the Conveyall, to me there is the possibility of more cold weather issues and maintenance with the hydraulic drive. This is a complete assumption, but I assume the Brandt mover is better. With all wheel drive, the 1547 mover is nimble and pretty good in snow/mud.
The reliabelts do seem good. We switched our Conveyall bin loader out for a Reliabelt. So far so good.

· Registered
45 Posts
To be fair, we have not had Kohler EFI problems yet, but it sounds like that can happen.
I've also never run the 1650-TL. My Conveyall experience is from a bin fill conveyor with swing, a drive over conveyor, and an older truck loader. I'm not bashing Conveyall, just noting the problems we had. On two of the belts I had issues adjusting the pinch point drive system. Adjusting the Brandt to me is much simpler. On two of the belts, I was disappointed with how much they leaked grain, this is on new belts with new seals. I have used 3 Brandts and had no leaks at all.
I like the mechanical drive on the Brandt, maybe there is nothing wrong with the hydraulic drive on the Conveyall, to me there is the possibility of more cold weather issues and maintenance with the hydraulic drive. This is a complete assumption, but I assume the Brandt mover is better. With all wheel drive, the 1547 mover is nimble and pretty good in snow/mud.
The reliabelts do seem good. We switched our Conveyall bin loader out for a Reliabelt. So far so good.
That makes sense, yes, as to grain leaking, you are right, I forgot to mention that, that is the primary reason I like the reliabelt belt routing better. One pro to a hydraulic drive belt, and a minor one, as long as one doesn't push the conveyor stupid hard when loading trucks, is the ability to reverse the belt. Could come in handy for unplugging the conveyor.

· Registered
508 Posts
Just got a Batco new Utrough version. 40hp vanguard mounted on frame, not up high. So far , so good, they say good for Canola, but I probably won’t try it, seems like a bit of work even though has hose adapter for washing.

It is very fast, 2:30 - 2:45 a super bee hopper in wheat. Think U trough allows a bit more product depth than standard tube as it’s not squeezing together at top.Still could use 50hp diesel, can power it out.

Had one of original Reliabelts, underpowered Kohler 36 was a problem. Replaced drive roller once, belt once, all in all a good machine as well, not quite as speedy.

So far, I like Batco new single wheel mover better. Quick enough and can turn wheel basically sideways. Bigger fuel tank, and low frame fill location.

Price pretty much double from 2014 to now, hoping Batco pans out well.

· Registered
48 Posts
Out of curiosity does anyone have any hard numbers as far as grain damage by using an auger vs conveyor goes? I've got an older batco that leaks bad enough I usually don't even use it. Usually load pulses with my auger and really haven't noticed an increase in dockage at the elevator. Haven't noticed a difference loading seed into the drill with a conveyor either though I do prefer to if it's convenient. Conveyors sure are fast and smooth but are they really worth the premium over an auger?

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Out of curiosity does anyone have any hard numbers as far as grain damage by using an auger vs conveyor goes? I've got an older batco that leaks bad enough I usually don't even use it. Usually load pulses with my auger and really haven't noticed an increase in dockage at the elevator. Haven't noticed a difference loading seed into the drill with a conveyor either though I do prefer to if it's convenient. Conveyors sure are fast and smooth but are they really worth the premium over an auger?
Makes a big difference if pulses got weathered alittle too much. I’ve seen enough of difference that I will go along ways out of my way to never use an auger again

· Registered
508 Posts
I haven't noticed a lot of difference either. I think you would have a hard time paying the extra cost in seed damage in a lifetime.
Cleanout sure is quick and easy though.

· Registered
392 Posts
I would think as long as you are keeping the auger as full as possible and it is not worn out so there is a lot of gap between the flighting and tube, there should be little difference. The only place they can cause damage is right at the intake, other than that it is just pushing the grain, when a belt would be carrying it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Have owned a few conveyors. Our Convey all swing conveyor was a nightmare compared to our batco swing. Seemed like always adjusting tracking or tightner, and if you weren’t on top of it you’d wreck your join. Convey all leaked like crazy too. Just my two cents on those swings.

Have a Bcx3. one wheeled mover is awesome. Runs fast in summer works good on canola. The belt drive pully and engine pulley we have is a double. That is the problem with this conveyor. Cold weather belt slipping or burning or throwing off. Have some things batco told us to do to try to fix it but it would be way better with a triple pulley system like the new UCX3 has. Like mentioned elsewhere 2x the price to get into these now vs even 3 years ago.

As far as crop handling noticed difference one year when we switched from augers to conveyors of about 6% germ on peas due to mechanical damage at the highest. Switched to conveyors and seed holds up better but could’ve been the year we had. Probably won’t notice difference unless breakable crops are real dry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts