The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking Del. new cr9070 jul.09 (approx.) . 30ft flex draper +30ft auger flex (88C + 74C). RWA Equipped. Prev. machine was tx68,still will have one tx68 as well as cr. Ran the 68 since 2000 so cr will be nice upgrade. Any comments on the new cr's, hope its reliable. Machine will be working in eastern MB.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Very reliable, had a new 9060 this year, just a thresher engagement switch, you should be very happy with the CR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beausejour area, larger heads hard to move on road as we do not normaly remove mostly back roads little highway. Also found wider heads more difficult in wet cond. as we had past harvest and do not mind higher groud speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the most part I liked the 9070, but did not like the feeder house. The cross hatched stone detector held up the crop flow and caused lots bunching and uneven feeding.

be careful with the 88c, if I had a do over it would have been a standard 94C. the Idea that the door opens and the dirt falls out is cool but when someone backs up and drags the door it is a pain in the butt. I don't know if they have fixed this or not but if you reverse the feederhouse the auger doesn't roll backwards leaving a wad in between. I thought generally the 88 was a bit of a disappointment.

G

·
farmer in our area (starbuck) bought a 9070 over a 8010, he said he loves it, capacity, sample. He was a little disapointed with the dealer support, but the combine made up for this.
He bought it with a 35 foot header.

I would buy a new holland over a case, but there isn't a good dealer for new holland in our area, so I would go with a case

·
Registered
705 Posts
Run an angle grinder over that, I hear it makes all the difference.
Local guys were doing that before they left the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts