The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farm I work at picked up their new CR940. Its a demo but NH put all 2006 upgrades in at their expense. So far a nice machine. Drives alot different then the old TR88.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Nathan,

That is one nice machine...Did you get it from Roberts farm equip? They had a demo CR for the longest time for sale. Is that auger 21' standard plus the extender (3' approx.) at the turret? How many hours on that demo unit? In the last pic is that the return auger under the battery box with the rethreshing setup like the TX's? What size heads are you going with?Good luck with the machine.

Yellow and Black with envy,

NH06

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. If you want any pictures of a specific area, let me know.

NH06- No this sat down in Watford for a long time. I know the one up there has duals. This is an 03 and sat in a shed down there all last year except for 200ac it did last year. The 940 is still listed under Roberts but this was down in Lambton the past 2 years. I believe 18' is standard and this has the 3' extension. Get the buggy as far away from the head as possible. It has I believe 287 engine and 165 rotor. Ya thats the return under the battery's. The 970 has 2 returns. Now for heads. Not big enough. From what I've heard we'll never see the full power of this 940. It has a HUGE appetite but with a 25ft and 6r. We will never see it.

cogleaner- Yes I believe it still has the Genesis engine. This one sounds exactly the same as the TR88 which has the Genesis. This one has a 21hp power boost so it can go up to 316. And you feel is going up hills.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope. The 920 and 940 have the genesis. 920 rated 258hp and 940 has 290hp. 2006 940 maybe got a little power bump, but still has the genesis.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 920 isn't made anymore but yes the 2006 CRs got a hp bump along with all new software, 2spd rotor and a tranny update. NH did all those to this combine.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Runs as fast as you need it too. I know the Gleaners run real fast. No point to having a wide throat if it's gotta narrow up to enter the rotor. These things can handle a 30ft head minimum in wheat so it's gotta be fast enough.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
76 Posts
They will take 30' of soybeans about as fast as you realistically want to drive. The feeder openings always did look small but they take it all in.
If I remeber right the 940 engine will do about 327HP when the unloader is engaged. The talk is that the 940 and 960 may end up with the 8.3L Cummins in 2007 but they may also get a new 8.7L IVECO Cursor instead. If the boys in Italy were smart they would redesign the Genesis head to make it a 4 valve engine with common fuel rail system. Instead in 2007 they are going to shut down the Genesis engine line for good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You make allota sense but the bean counters up in NH must see it different.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree with Combiness.

I do not see the point in having a wide feed mouth if it takes in the same amount as a smaller one.

- Gordon

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For one it looks better. It also supports the head more and you have belts and pulleys on the side with the shields covering them. So the wide from and sides all tie into one another.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Nathan,

I just wanted to add one or two things to the post here....First, that 940 in heavy/tough/high yielding wheat might run out of power if you aren't careful...There is a guy in this area with a 30' flex draper who says that he runs out of power in wheat when he has to cut it all for the straw. I was told that he will buy a 960 on the next go around. In green beans you might (and I stress might) be using more power than you figured you would...Disclaimer : I do not own a CR so I do not have first hand knowledge but I am just relaying what I was told/heard from our dealer here. The combine will play with that 6 row for sure. A chopping head would help use up some power but not sure if notill becomes an issue for you then....Keep me posted on performance.

NH06

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No-till will be better with that corn head. If we run out of power then it's a pathetic combine. Time will tell. Wheat starts in only 3 months at the earliest.

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts