The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran across a demo 70 foot deeremaster at the local Deere dealer. Never realy looked at one of these air carts before. Very impressed. Those are some big tires on that cart. It was a 650 bushel. Was leaning towards a seedmaster with new flexi 760 cart but was impressed with what I saw today with the Deere cart. Anyone have any experience with the new
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
313 Posts
We run a seedmaster with a C850. It’s a decent outfit. Deere’s metering system is very meh. It meters accurate but there is regular maintenance to keep everything in working order. Everything above the meters on the cart is good. That being said, if everything was equal and I was buying new I think I’d go vaderstadt

·
Registered
45 Posts
We run a seedmaster with a C850. It’s a decent outfit. Deere’s metering system is very meh. It meters accurate but there is regular maintenance to keep everything in working order. Everything above the meters on the cart is good. That being said, if everything was equal and I was buying new I think I’d go vaderstadt
Like what kind of maintenance?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
At least if you buy a Deere master maybe you can get a discount from municipality’s you farm in for not smashing ever approach culvert you cross. Just a guess but Deere, Bourgault and CNH tanks are a good 15ft plus shorter wheel base to make corners with and drag around narrow roads. I believe Deere has the shortest wheel base.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Like what kind of maintenance?
Pulling the meters every few days and blow them out thoroughly to prevent stuck sectional control gates and cycling the run dividers. At the end of the season it’s very important to do a good job washing out the metering system and then give the whole thing a good coating of fluid film to prevent the corrosion that has always been a common complaint about Deere metering.

·
Registered
313 Posts
At least if you buy a Deere master maybe you can get a discount from municipality’s you farm in for not smashing ever approach culvert you cross. Just a guess but Deere, Bourgault and CNH tanks are a good 15ft plus shorter wheel base to make corners with and drag around narrow roads. I believe Deere has the shortest wheel base.
Just eyeballing, I bet you’re right.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tried to order one with a deere 430 cart as I don’t need anything bigger. They will only sell with the newer carts they said. Newer carts over $100,000 more. Fine order me a seedmaster then. Not available. Not sure what to think

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pulling the meters every few days and blow them out thoroughly to prevent stuck sectional control gates and cycling the run dividers. At the end of the season it’s very important to do a good job washing out the metering system and then give the whole thing a good coating of fluid film to prevent the corrosion that has always been a common complaint about Deere metering.
Same thing with the Vaderstad , gotta spray meter shafts with some dry graphite so they are not seized in spring time

·
Registered
313 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts