The Combine Forum banner

New deeremaster with c850 cart

7K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  white owl 
#1 ·
Just ran across a demo 70 foot deeremaster at the local Deere dealer. Never realy looked at one of these air carts before. Very impressed. Those are some big tires on that cart. It was a 650 bushel. Was leaning towards a seedmaster with new flexi 760 cart but was impressed with what I saw today with the Deere cart. Anyone have any experience with the new
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
We run a seedmaster with a C850. It’s a decent outfit. Deere’s metering system is very meh. It meters accurate but there is regular maintenance to keep everything in working order. Everything above the meters on the cart is good. That being said, if everything was equal and I was buying new I think I’d go vaderstadt

#10 ·
At least if you buy a Deere master maybe you can get a discount from municipality’s you farm in for not smashing ever approach culvert you cross. Just a guess but Deere, Bourgault and CNH tanks are a good 15ft plus shorter wheel base to make corners with and drag around narrow roads. I believe Deere has the shortest wheel base.

#22 ·
The only way I'd buy a new C series cart is with dealer installed stainless metering components.

The Deere metering is "alright" but as mentioned previously, there is some daily maintenance required to keep things running smoothly. That being said, I'm sure there are good improvements on the new series over the 1910's that would make your seeding day more pleasurable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.