The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
3.9L cummins would still be overkill, 5.9L would break about everything on there. :)

what is wrong with the stanadyne pump? or the engine for that matter?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't had any luck with the pumps, it was rebuilt when we bought it, lasted a couple years, then gave up, exchanged it for a rebuilt pump, it lasted one year, exchanged it again for another rebuilt pump from another source and I believe it's on it's way out.

Both shops told me parts were getting hard together for this particular pump and I'm a bit fed up with it.

The engine is alright otherwise, except idling at 1100 and full tick over at 2700rpm doesn't make me very happy. Plus it's a bugger when starting in the cold even when plugged in.

The 5.9 I'm thinking of came tuned from the factory at 110hp, the allis engine is supposed to be 95, so i can't really see any problems.

I won't be trying to push the combine any faster.

Those 3.9s also don't seem to like the cold in my experience, at least Ive had better luck with the 5.9 in cold weather

·
Registered
147 Posts
i believe the 5.9 is 150 stock factory setting, i have one in an allis 8010 it dyno's 155 at the pto. plus it will have much more torque than the 3.9 or the allis engine. i believe it would be more fixing down the road. I've never been on the f3 but doesn't it have same engine as F2 if so can you put the roosa pump on it?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i believe the 5.9 is 150 stock factory setting, i have one in an allis 8010 it dyno's 155 at the pto. plus it will have much more torque than the 3.9 or the allis engine. i believe it would be more fixing down the road. I've never been on the f3 but doesn't it have same engine as F2 if so can you put the roosa pump on it?
If you could find one I'm sure you could, though wasn't there two diesel options on the F2's

The 5.9 I want to use is from a cih tractor rated 110 engine 95 pto hp, they can be turned down.

·
Registered
316 Posts
roosa is a stanadyne.......something wrong with your fuel or rebuilders

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roosa is a stanadyne.......something wrong with your fuel or rebuilders
We used two different shops incase of that trouble, both have done work for us before with no issues.

Cleaned fuel tank on the combine, new filters, new double wall fuel tank on the farm, with filters on the pump.

lots of other equipment using fuel out of the same tank, they are all fine.

Just bad luck I guess, still not liking this pump.

About to go combine today, we will see what it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.