The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 13/85 buhler/farmking today dam went from a worn out 8inch auger to this beast if I could have imagined how nice a swing out 13 inch was I would have had one three years ago unload times are a 3rd what they used to be and im not even pushing it yet I don't think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes our truck is and end dump and I will try that out tomorrow.

I never thought of that just swung it out 90 to the tractor and backed the truck up.

I was a little excited to make it eat some grain!!!!!

Now im thinking I will have to get a short 13 stub auger to unload bins into it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAM that thing sucks up the power from the old turned up 2290 supposed to have 140 pto hp the old man had it turned up and supposed to have had it pto dyno tested it ran our old pull type combine but this auger makes her bark good!!!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Plug it with tuff wheat yet? Pipe wrench on a 13x85 really gives you the full picture of just how big it is. If you are making a 2290 bark, I'd start making it bark less and enjoy the new auger. Congrats on your new purchase. Nice to see some excitement in the ag business

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just purchased one too. How does yours sound when running bout half full? Mine makes a noise at top section ( that's where is sounds like it's coming from ) talked to dealer he said run it for awhile also run it full and see. Only used it as take out auger so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a tractor issue put the smaller 120 somthing Valtra on it and it put a load on it but didn't labour like the 2290. now the 2290 is back to the tractor DR to figure out why after all that money spent this spring it is a dog now. I suppose they screwed with the rack setting in the pump. Cause it would seem its overfueling to the point of power loss now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We have a 13/70 Buhler that had 2 shear pins in it and instead of breaking the shear pins when it plugged it it twisted the shaft. Pretty common problem from what we have heard we now just run one shear pin usually grade 5 haven't had a problem with twisting the shaft yet. Buy a Brandt of you have extra money we wish we did.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Congrats. On our 1385 we make our own shear pins to keep it from shearing too quick. Find a longer bolt and make sure the "shearing" section is covered with full round bolt material and not just thread which will tear quicker. We also have had problems with the top gearcase going on the 13x70. To circumvent this we overfill the top cases. Add a pipe and fill it up. The failures we have had with gearcases always involve the top bearing not getting proper lubrication. The reality is they just have some sort of oil flinger built in it so that it can get lubricated. We have found the more oil you can toke into these gearcases the better - we have not taken out any seals yet!

We also pilot drill the knuckle joint on the swing so that we can screw the allen/set screws in farther and they can't walk on the shaft and the keys can't move out of their position.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
We use both on the 13/85 auger, however I have a suspicion that the guys aren't using the right grade of bolt for shear pins, I think they are supposed to be grade 8 and I think they are using grade 5...

On our 10/70 auger we run it with an IH 484 tractor which I think is about 45 HP. Never break shear pins there, that tractor will stall before breaking anything!
We idle our IH 5488 at 1050 rpm on the 13/71 WH. We have had three "malfunctions" when loading bins, just flat out dies and then you lift it up and start her up again! Beautiful

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.