1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Well as it sounds right now it’s a “target”. Enough to virtue flag us into the cool crowd while not necessarily doing anything. Now if they go the way of the Dutch we go burn the parliament down because everyone of us would go broke reducing emissions by 30%.

·
Registered
57 Posts
At the price of fertilizer these days , a 30% reduction on my farm wasn't too tough to swallow. Last years drought was a big eye opener for us down here also. Rain is always the big " IF" down here in the southwest corner.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Justin is already looking at a Nitrogen tax. Have no fear less N is in your future and they will tax the hell out of it so you cant afford to farm with it.
Justin has a Nitrogen tax already. Have you heard of Carbon tax? Fertilizer might be exempt but the manufacturing of the gas, power and freight sure isn’t. It’s tax on tax on tax plus GST and ya some of the GST is refunded at the end but I’m pretty sure not all of it is.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Interesting survey 🤔.
I pretty much answered every question with: "Farmers are leading the way in fertilizer efficiency and reducing fertilizer emissions."
My thoughts are why would farmers take food production direction from individuals who probably can't even keep a houseplant alive.
They are really stressing the data collection though. More $$$ out of our pockets. 😠

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looked to me like they don't really have any ideas on how to actually "reduce" emissions from any "baseline" someone pulled from their backside.
And they assume that farmers like to waste their money on fertilizer.
My hat is off to you that put in much time, effort and money into growing and raising our food!
Thanks Farmers!

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
At the price of fertilizer these days , a 30% reduction on my farm wasn't too tough to swallow. Last years drought was a big eye opener for us down here also. Rain is always the big " IF" down here in the southwest corner.
Lol we reduced 33%.
OK. Know show me the money

1 - 20 of 23 Posts