The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone has heard, and or think what will be changed on the new Stiegers and John Deeres.
Just curious as looking at new 4wd tracked tractors, and at the moment there's some pretty serious cons of the two big ones Green & Red.
I.e. no 3m Spacing on Red unless you go to a row Trac and cop less HP
Or the 9 series having tranny problems...

Have not ruled out other colours e.g. 610 DT looks pretty simple, but most of our gear is red.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wondering what everyone has heard, and or think what will be changed on the new Stiegers and John Deeres.
Just curious as looking at new 4wd tracked tractors, and at the moment there's some pretty serious cons of the two big ones Green & Red.
I.e. no 3m Spacing on Red unless you go to a row Trac and cop less HP
Or the 9 series having tranny problems...

Have not ruled out other colours e.g. 610 DT looks pretty simple, but most of our gear is red.
I don't have information about new Case Ih or John Deere.
But if you are looking for a four track the only alternative is Versatile right now.
I don't think agco will come to this segment shortly even if there were rumors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we've looked at two tracked machines I.e. challenger and RT Johnnys. But we are thinking we probably will use it for both chaser bin and spreading and we don't really want to leave ruts.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Is the MTD a beefed up delta trac; or its there more to it than that?

Answered my own question...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Is the MTD a beefed up delta trac; or its there more to it than that?

Answered my own question...

Built on the same line as versatile with a few different parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
But if you are looking for a four track the only alternative is Versatile right now.
New Holland has the smart trax for the T9 series. The new style seem much better than the ATI version

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes rumors also hearing that, and it sounds reasonable they want to be a full liner like JD and Case so it’s good to have 4wd track

JD maybe the new 13,6 liter engine for 9RX? Also 18 liter is coming in 2022.

Nothing new for CaseIH Steiger so far, and for me it’s still unbelievable why CNH not using the 16 liter engine for 600+ horsepower tractors.
C16 introduced in 2014 but only available in the big combines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts