The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to our fourth installment of the 2019 Gleaner Roadshow. In this episode, we’re venturing into the world of hemp and we’ll discuss the challenges and opportunities of this exciting crop. Next, we’ll look at how and why a Gleaner performs in harvesting hemp and what that performance makes possible. Finally, we’ll look at a few updates on the 2020 models to help make your harvest more productive.

https://youtu.be/PyGvWKN9_y0

·
Registered
888 Posts
Is gleaner at some point going to get some forum of automation like the Ideal?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I do hope in one of these videos when they talk about updates , they say how they have improved that stupid F---ing piano hinge access panel on the LH side. Mine is hanging down while harvesting as I couldn't get the bolts to line up yesterday and got sick of trying.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I do hope in one of these videos when they talk about updates , they say how they have improved that stupid F---ing piano hinge access panel on the LH side. Mine is hanging down while harvesting as I couldn't get the bolts to line up yesterday and got sick of trying.
LOL!! I feel your pain silverrod! AGCO has the "contact us" link on their website where you can ask questions or make comments. I emailed them about 2 or 3 weeks ago with my comments and this piano hinge was one of my comments among a few other things that can easily be fixed and make the machine much more durable and user friendly at very little cost at the factory. So far no one from AGCO has emailed me back but I didn't figure they would. I wasn't bad in my email, praised Gleaner where it deserved it and pointed out where they needed to improve a little. We sing all 4 verses of How Great Thou Art because we weigh 16k pounds less than a red or a green one. I mentioned we could weigh 15k pounds less and have a much better machine too. I doubt I get a return email.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is gleaner at some point going to get some forum of automation like the Ideal?
Why? They are easy to set and they stay set. If someone cant keep a Gleaner adjusted they dont need to be in the darn thing to begin with. Thats with all of the breeds, though Claas is a pain in the a$! to keep set but somewhat doable.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I think mechanic that did the 360 on mine a few years ago struggled to get the bolts in. When I got it back the tin was bent and wrinkled up I got a little pissed at dealership so they put on a new panel with a different shade of paint and the decal is about 3 inches low on one end. Every time I look at it I shake my head.

·
Registered
450 Posts
We always lighten up the weight on the hinge and usually only open the upper panel during winter overhaul.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL!! I feel your pain silverrod! AGCO has the "contact us" link on their website where you can ask questions or make comments. I emailed them about 2 or 3 weeks ago with my comments and this piano hinge was one of my comments among a few other things that can easily be fixed and make the machine much more durable and user friendly at very little cost at the factory. So far no one from AGCO has emailed me back but I didn't figure they would. I wasn't bad in my email, praised Gleaner where it deserved it and pointed out where they needed to improve a little. We sing all 4 verses of How Great Thou Art because we weigh 16k pounds less than a red or a green one. I mentioned we could weigh 15k pounds less and have a much better machine too. I doubt I get a return email.
Their to busy flushing $Millions down the ideal sinkhole of no return!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
We put bullet pins on one of our S78 a few years back, made it so much easier.
I put them on my R70. So much nicer. All they need for a fix is decent mounting brackets and fixed so they don't move:bang:, Have I ever mentioned about the dipstick. No not the engineer who designed this little things.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I put them on my R70. So much nicer. All they need for a fix is decent mounting brackets and fixed so they don't move:bang:, Have I ever mentioned about the dipstick. No not the engineer who designed this little things.
All the talk about losing fans and radiators to raccoons they fixed it so you chase the buggers out when checking the oil. Our engine is out of one right now so time to change the dipstick.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Glen is the engine been done for oil consumption or was it serious? Agco rebuilt mine 2 season ago and it stopped the oil usage.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yep it is being changed out for the oil consumption mainly as some power issues in the hills. We have the. mainshaft out of the 98 also due to a bad installation job and lost the bearing on the second day. Someone installed the bearing with a setscrew still in the bearing and galled the shaft doing it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Engine was replaced on my S88. It wasn't a consistent oil usage, one day it would use a full gallon, next day maybe none, next day a gallon.. What I noticed on mine was it didn't use much if not running high engine load, if I spent most of the day around 70 - 75% engine load we didn't have to add oil, might use less than a quart. If we were in some rank nasty green ropey beans running 90 - 100% engine load most of the day a gallon may not get it back full. Dealer had me keep a log of oil used per 100 gallon of fuel. The yard stick AGCO used to determine engine replacement was if it used 1 quart or more of oil per 100 gallon of fuel the engine was a candidate for replacement. Mine was well over the quart/100. Like silverrod says, since mine was replaced I have never had to add oil to it between changes.

·
Registered
450 Posts
We have had 5 Sisu engines with only the one having significant oil usage. One was same year S78 that didn't burn oil like this one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was told it was a piston ring issue, factory got a bad batch of rings or wrong ones IDK but that would make sense why some engines used oil and some not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts