The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the buzz about the new Deere does Gleaner have anything newer or bigger coming down the pipe? And not in the Ideal version.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My guess is that both the gleaner and the Massey 9500 lines will both be scrapped in the next year or two. Why would they sell a $400000- $500000 combine that the average farmer can fix and maintain when they can sell over complicated , $650000-to infinity prices combine that the average guy can’t do **** when it comes to fixing etc.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think Millie is right, I see the MF going soon and the Gleaner in 3 to 4 years. Atleast AGCO gave the Gleaner the new cab, they haven't doe nothing to the MF. What they might do is give NA a MF badged Ideal like they have in Europe.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Gleaner's size is really limited by the rotor configuration. I don't think they can get it any bigger than their current models. Seems like everyone else is going for huge, which actually doesn't appeal to me. I'd sure like to demo a new Gleaner some time, but we have no dealers close by at all. They are rare machines here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Gleaner's size is really limited by the rotor configuration. I don't think they can get it any bigger than their current models. Seems like everyone else is going for huge, which actually doesn't appeal to me. I'd sure like to demo a new Gleaner some time, but we have no dealers close by at all. They are rare machines here.
Hi where are you located? Western Canada has Gleaner dealers. According to the AGCO site there are 18 in Alberta, 12 in Saskatchewan and 10 in Manitoba.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
There are dealers an hour away on either side. I have no current relationship with either of them and since I'm not actually in the market for a new machine I'm not sure they'd be willing to bring one out this far just for a for fun demo. But I will keep them in mind.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would not mind trying a gleaner too,but in Saskatchewan the gleaner dealers will sell them if you want them but they don’t really care too. So what kind of parts and service will they have for them, and know all they give a **** about is the fendts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would not mind trying a gleaner too,but in Saskatchewan the gleaner dealers will sell them if you want them but they don’t really care too. So what kind of parts and service will they have for them, and know all they give a **** about is the fendts
The reason is the Fendt's sell, even as used. The Gleaners are a tough sell as 5 year old or newer trades.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Massey 9505 series is already done. I believe they only built about a dozen this year to use up whatever parts they have left. Massey dealers have been begging AGCO to sell the IDEAL as a Massey in North America (like it is in the rest of the world). However, AGCO seems to want to let Massey die off in North America, as the brand is unlikely to survive here without a combine. Apparently AGCO floated the idea of painting Gleaners red at some dealer meetings, but both the Massey and Gleaner dealers balked at that idea.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi where are you located? Western Canada has Gleaner dealers. According to the AGCO site there are 18 in Alberta, 12 in Saskatchewan and 10 in Manitoba.
I don't think that there are 10 AGCO dealers in Manitoba total, never mind Gleaner dealers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don’t really see the point in painting a ideal red or a gleaner red all the Agco /Massey dealers are Fendt anyway. I thought last year when Massey put their deal on on the 9565s and every one of them in stock were sold in North America in a couple days that they would realize not everyone wants a million dollar combine that will be a electronic nightmare in a few years. But hey I guess we all need the biggest.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well if they dump MF combines I'm looking at all brands, we've been loyal Massey combine buyers since our first combine in 1949.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don’t really see the point in painting a ideal red or a gleaner red all the Agco /Massey dealers are Fendt anyway. I currently run 2 of the 9560 masseys, they are great combines but I need a 3rd, I am looking at other options for that 3rd. They dumped that line so fast I have no faith that they will be any good on future parts, so Agco has lost my interest as a customer. I thought last year when Massey put their deal on on the 9565s and every one of them in stock were sold in North America in a couple days that they would realize not everyone wants a million dollar combine that will be a electronic nightmare in a few years. But hey I guess we all need the biggest.
Not all AGCO dealers are Fendt in SK. There is still a few small family run AGCO dealers that are MF only or MF and Gleaner. There 16 MF dealers in SK. and only 8 Fendt.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well if they dump MF combines I'm looking at all brands, we've been loyal Massey combine buyers since our first combine in 1949.
Same here for Gleaner. It has as much capacity wise as green or red and a lot cheaper because it doesn't require the hillside leveling system like green or red. The Fendt would and no leveling system has been developed for them. My source says Gleaner will be around for awhile.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Same here for Gleaner. It has as much capacity wise as green or red and a lot cheaper because it doesn't require the hillside leveling system like green or red. The Fendt would and no leveling system has been developed for them. My source says Gleaner will be around for awhile.
They do have the capacity for their size. Like was mentioned before, I think that the limit is the fact that they can't go much bigger around on the rotor, or any longer for more separation. They are a good simple machine that do the job very well. I think there was some tom foolery between our local dealer and agco corporate when the S series came out. I don't know what went on but shortly after they didn't really push the gleaner anymore. They would still get you one but, the feeling was that they would rather you buy a massey.

I have heard the same thing as glennw, gleaner is going to be around for a while. Probably going to placed in the market under the Ideal. Thats my speculation. There was something about them not bringing in the class 7 ideal into north america unless special ordered.

There is a factory leveling kit for the Ideal. I think they need them for some areas they sell them in Europe. As far as I can tell all the machines that are made in the Berganze Italy plant are available with a factory installed leveling system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go to the Gleaner site and click on the dealer locator it says 10 dealers.
I just checked and the AGCO site clearly needs to be updated. They are listing all the AGWEST stores as Gleaner dealers but they haven't sold Gleaners in years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not all AGCO dealers are Fendt in SK. There is still a few small family run AGCO dealers that are MF only or MF and Gleaner. There 16 MF dealers in SK. and only 8 Fendt.
Same thing in Manitoba. There is only one Fendt tractor dealer but they don't sell IDEAL. They sell Claas Lexions instead.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We've been a Massey combine farm for almost 40 years. Massey tractors have been on our farm since the 50s. We would have loved to buy a new Massey to replace our 9895, but we had to buy a Deere. We're not happy about it at all, but AGCO didn't really leave us any choice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts