The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my Neighbor has a 1999 newholland 8360 with about 5000 hours on it. They have had it for 2 years, it works great. Recently it stopped being able to go into reverse. No error codes. Local NH dealer don't have a clue. All they tried to do is change a Flow sensor this made it work for about two days. It will work fine when its cold out, temps below 60. But as soon as it warms up, or you use it for anything reverse will stop working. Also when you put it in reverse something defiantly happens as the tractor sort of hesitantly tries to back up, but then stops moving. It does not matter what speed you try, it will not back up. Any one have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Is it a 18 speed semi power shift? Has A range 6 speeds, the B range 6 speeds and range and 6 speeds? If so they are hydraulic shifted synchro shift for reverse, A,B and C. I would think it is ever a piston seal on the shifters or a potentiometer for the shift rail position. I would pressure test and see what's happening.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does it have 3pl and is the gearbox in 3 separate ranges or in 1 range? I had the same problem on my tm190 and it turned out to be a sensor mounted on the side of the gearbox in under the door and it was a 5 minute fix once I got the new sensor.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ok so my Neighbor has a 1999 newholland 8360 with about 5000 hours on it. They have had it for 2 years, it works great. Recently it stopped being able to go into reverse. No error codes. Local NH dealer don't have a clue. All they tried to do is change a Flow sensor this made it work for about two days. It will work fine when its cold out, temps below 60. But as soon as it warms up, or you use it for anything reverse will stop working. Also when you put it in reverse something defiantly happens as the tractor sort of hesitantly tries to back up, but then stops moving. It does not matter what speed you try, it will not back up. Any one have any ideas?
Dealer needs to read service manual, sounds like wiring issue or a bad solenoid, Scott.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Does it have 3pl and is the gearbox in 3 separate ranges or in 1 range? I had the same problem on my tm190 and it turned out to be a sensor mounted on the side of the gearbox in under the door and it was a 5 minute fix once I got the new sensor.
I had same on my 8360, would not go into high, but getting codes. The 18speed are nice set up to work on. Did you fix your hydraulic issues?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts