The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tried demoing one last year. The dealer brought it out to the field. I pulled up to it and got things lined up and started lifting it off the transport wheels...... Couldn't lift it. Couple phone calls made by the salesman. Found out a CX won't lift it. Only the newer CR's with the 3" cylinder will. Looks like a very nice well built header. Would have loved to try it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dealer is letting me use a 35 footer till they get the defects fixed on my new last years ridged.
its a year old hdr came off a cx.
got it mounted on a eveloution. have only used it on 140 ac bly. and 50 ac wht before snow.
old cx and new cx use diff voltage for auto ht and tilt so there are bugs to work out there. bly was less than a foot high no rain. fore and aft tilt worked good so was able to shave ground and do a good job. because bly was so short had trouble getting up feeder house would pile up just behind auger drum. built some rubber paddles and put them on where the sweepers go on a ridged and readjusted the feeder chain , problem solved.
sure dose feed nice where crop is tall. easy to adjust knife and draper speed.
knife drive is smooth compared to wobble box.
header is real heavy. no sudden stops .
mice had packed treated can seed into top tube. there is an oblong hole over the drum where it comes out. caught it before any wound up in my grain. took a lot of water and a leaf blower to get rid of it all. if i was a seed grower i would curse all the nooks and crannys.
guy that had it last had dutch lifters on it last year, i took them off , big mistake we got snow.
the slow speed mover works good. but they do mean slow speed on the hiway it starts to wander if you get much over 20.
you can see the knife good from the seat.
those are my observations with limited use.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your observations. I tried one on peas just before we got snow, and found it did not slide on the ground well at all. Seemed to jam up with dirt on the underside frame struts. Not sure if there was more tilt adjustment or not, but did not seem to work as well as the 94C. I was hoping for more. HHC system did not work as well as Head Sight. Arms seem poorly designed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.