The Combine Forum banner

New Holland 950 bu cart at Crop Production Show

29K views 81 replies 33 participants last post by  scottyheps 
No pictures? I haven't seen the cart yet, I assume it will be at Ag Days in Manitoba. However it sounds a lot like the meters on the new Seedhawk tank.
X2, I can't believe you guys aren't posting pictures.....it would save you typing a thousand words you know.;)

Alright here it is! Props to scotsburn for sending me this, hopefully we can look at it next week at Ag-Days.:cool:

Attachments

Just a quick observation, it would appear like they used smaller tires than the Bourgualt 7950, huge fail! Even on Seedhawks new tanks, they made huge improvements and still flotation was an afterthought!
True but it also looks to be a much lighter tank to start with. My 7950 squatted the tires out even at empty! It would be interesting to know dry weights and tire sizes for all models, maybe the P.4760 has the same tire option as the 950?

Question: Did they upgrade all the models? I am just dying to find out if my new tank is out-dated before it hits the field.:rolleyes:

Looks like it's a wholesale lineup change SW.

No guesses what this tank can do most others can't?
I knew it!:rolleyes:

I would guess: Plug and play with my Intelliview monitor?;) Or revive a dying line or air-seeders?:rolleyes: Or maybe you are thinking that it could put different rates down different manifolds at the same time???:)

You know, that's not exactly the term I would use but it is absolutely on the right track so I'll give it to you.
Well you know I almost flunked English....pretty good at math and sciences though.;) On a big drill in rolling land there could be vastly different fertilizer needs across the unit. Similar capabilities as the Clean-seed but not on individual runs.

The tires are not as tall as the borgault. They are sourcing a tire from a company that bought out continental that is like a IF tire. The tire pressures will be at 15 psi which they though is similar to tracks. What do you guys think of the tank splits on the 950? I wish it would have similar proportions of the 760.
15 PSI is the same as my 7950 I think, and it never gave me any issues in mud through 2 very wet years. For me I would take a 60/40 split with a 30 bu tank for canola seed/inoculant. Doubt anyone is building that configuration in a 750 bushel tank.:(

I had a good look at this cart at Ag-Days in Brandon and must say it looks very well thought out. Meter boxes are plastic and stainless, didn't see any mild steel. Apparently on the 760 bushel size with hi-float option the tire pressure is something like 9psi. Meters look simple to change, at least when they are clean.;) My concerns would be the cleanout of the tanks, especially with small amounts of seed at low rates because the metering body is quite wide. General response is that this cart looks like a contender.:) No idea on durability of the electric drives or cost yet though...

Couple of pics of the dumping station for the small hidden tank and the metering bodies.

Attachments

The meters look like a seedhawk copy cat........... why no scales?
Apparently CNH has the patents on that type of metering system as well as the turn compensation and section-by-section variable rate so it may be Seedhawk that is the copycat??? That's what I heard and there may be ways around whatever patents are there, can't say for sure yet. It is scale ready with the mounts built right into it.:)

Also it is capable of 12 runs and there was mention of it being able to feed a 120' drill.:eek: Otherwise it would not need to be that wide at the bottom.

Stair climbing is good exercise during a long day of seeding.;)

It is too bad they did not put the canola tank off to the side like borgault or in the very front with a normal lid on the top. This would greatly help with seeding the tank out and being able to pour a bag of seed on the runs that need it. The width will make it more difficult to seed out.
Even a little hoe-type tool for spreading seed in the bottom of the tank would work.

The cart may be good - time will tell. But what drill are you going to pair it with? A P2070 [NH can't give a precision hoe away], a P2060 [new(er) slim], or a P2050 [25 year old hoe drill]?
This!:)

Attachments

Does Case IH get these tanks also? I don't see or hear anything about that. Where do you find sizes of seperate tanks? I would like to know what the split is on the 580
They do get them as well. Specs below for NH, CIH should be identical.

Can't seem to remove the upside-down picture but the second one is a little easier to read.:wink: Sorry about that.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.