The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New Holland 8870 I owned is since new (1998) the last few winters I loose the brake peddle when it sits if I pump it about 20 times I can get the brakes back but now on left side won't come up at all anyone know what's going on and can they be bled.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my 8870 for awhile. I was told to put a kit in the master cylinder first as they do give trouble and if that failed I would need to replace the brake discs in the final drives which I think is an easier job than pulling off the master cylinder ( Not an easy job). Also try bleeding the brakes. I'm now going to replace the discs as the brakes are no good. It has 10000 hours on it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
According to the dealer that did the work they are in the final drive. He called it a piston may just be different name . Not sure but we went down the road of seals in the master cylinder etc and both times it was in the drive

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Mine did it's first 7000hrs working in a feedlot so I'd imagine the brakes were used a lot. So I'm not complaining at 10000hrs to do the brakes. They must be a weak point as the dealer had done a few brakes, but they are an unkillable, economical tractor. The dealer here sold 90 70 series and said they have done 2 transmissions and an engine with some pushing 20000hrs

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes this brake deal is not the worst other than that never had any repairs to talk about one water pump .i have owned a lot of tractors at least ten at a time I tell people it's the best tractor I have ever owned .

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ours sees a lot of road time pulling 600 bu manure spreaders and pulling 12 ton loads of forage. They are more problematic than say the john deeres we have many 30 and 40 series that we have never done brakes but we still love our 8870 even more than our tg230.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.