The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to keep a New Holland SP333 with 380/105R50 SprayBibs under 13'6" on a trailer to keep it legal in Ontario? Also, does anyone back their sprayers onto the trailer? I would like to trailer the sprayer with the Nitrogen Toolbar as well as the spray boom. With the toolbar hanging down, I think it could hang off the back of the trailer when the sprayer is loaded on the trailer.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
New Holland SP333 with 380/105R50 SprayBibs
Can I ask where you are getting 380/105R50 spraybibs, I thought they only were making a 420 width in a 50" rim??? Not a 46" rim is it?

Also curious about the Nitrogen Toolbar. Do you have a link or a picture?

Sorry I can't help on the original question.:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now you have me second-guessing the tire. The salesman said he could get the Spraybibs from a local large tire dealer for about 5 g's more but we decided to get the optional 380/105r50's ordered on a new sprayer and swap them with the standard 380/90r46's on this sprayer which is last years model. I will make a call tomorrow to find out what is going on the 333.
Here is a video link to the toolbar so that you can see it folded also.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Neat unit! I don't suppose they make a 120' unit that does 7.5" rows...

The only 50" Spraybib is this: MICHELIN North America to Introduce New 50-Inch MICHELIN SprayBib Tire
I am debating this tire myself as I typically would run 380's for high clearance work. These are not factory tires though, they would be ordered by dealer from a tire shop. You might be fine with 420's in row-crop work.;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have had 2 Nitro's with the 380x50 x 105 on them. Really like the tires.If you leave the boom on the sprayer and have a detach float with a 15 ft deck on the back it might work.Our tool bar we put on a tandem 22' trailer behind a pick once this year for a long move.I had to put over the beaver tail a bit.The problem is is enough deck space between the gauge wheels to set it on.I like floating the tool bar on narrow roads around us.The 13.6" is ok since you can drop suspension and cab down in 5 min.
Going on frontwards is hard enough. I have seen 3 tires ripped off ours when being loaded. That gets old quick @ 2800 /tire.
Are you Greenseeking or just flat rate?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Road speed of the 333 is 29 mph with standard tires. I would like to trailer it to keep it a one man show but at 2800 a screw up....
The toolbar will have Greenseeker on it. Someone tried real hard to convince me to go with the Y-drops instead but I like the consistency of injecting 28.
Doug, have you used greenseeker in wheat and if so how did it work?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Some but the first pass over there is usually not much green.I would love to put fungicide on VRA.I do similar stuff in tobacco.I made a set of dribble bars and like the way Greenseeker and bars work in rye.The one farm had over 50 bu of rye / ac which is unheard of on sand around here.He was quit happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.