The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
will acquire Miller's business in its entirety.

There is no back ground information but this could be an opportunity to expand on an agreement in place as well as eliminate a little bit of sprayer competition as well as a little bit of swather competition without making it an obvious act of aggression.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I hope they continue making the red ones for the CIH dealers to sell as well. The local New Holland dealer is poor, put I have a great CIH dealer.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I hope they continue with the Nitro line, I don't want any other sprayer after running the Nitro for a year :(

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Better not take a great product and kill it like they did Flexi Coil. They will probably walk straight into the R&D department and fire the bunch of em

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Better not take a great product and kill it like they did Flexi Coil. They will probably walk straight into the R&D department and fire the bunch of em
Take market share New Holland and Miller have in the sprayer market now.
Divide by 5.
Historically, after the Flexi-Coil takeover, that is where things went.:(

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Let the cost-cutting begin.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Historically, after the Flexi-Coil takeover, that is where things went.

Don ,what portion of this turn around related to the fact that Bourgault was only evolving then and there had been no real competition up until then .
I learned a quote 30 years ago "No business is an island" and too many don't take that to heart.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Historically, after the Flexi-Coil takeover, that is where things went.

Don ,what portion of this turn around related to the fact that Bourgault was only evolving then and there had been no real competition up until then .
I learned a quote 30 years ago "No business is an island" and too many don't take that to heart.

Never owned a Flexi, don't even really like them much. But when a company goes into a market share like that, loses 80%, then throws up there hands like "what happened"? Just scares me a tad

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
sadly one less sprayer to choose from

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts

Yes Bourgault was gaining ground, so were other Canadian manufacturers with some pressure from outside Canada as well.

Flexi-Coil really had nowhere to go but down, when CNH purchased FC they were, by far, the king of especially the air cart hill, market share wise.
I can think of no other company I've worked with that has been as approachable, willing to listen and just seeming to be on the generally same page as I was.

That pretty well instantly died the day CNH took over, people one could phone and talk to about issues or ideas were suddenly cut off, as mentioned above there was bleeding edge technology ready to hit the fields cancelled, shelved, and the people involved with these projects were either let go or quit.

If there was a defining moment for me it was the day I realized, yes, the bean counters are fully in control here when they took the hydraulic cylinder off of the air cart auger. The epitome of stupidity was finally struck and confirmed the trend of cost cutting, piss poor management within the now at that time virtually non-existent R and D department.

Hope you're proud of yourself CNH, with any luck for us end user purchasers the Flexi-Coil experience has been a good lesson and will not result in the same fate with your Miller acquisition.:)

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
They're air cart market share went from 50% to about 10% now in NA.
Australia similar?
Don not sure on numbers. CNH have done some stupid things with dealer ships for the flexi coil line. To start with they were red or blue and I think able to be sold buy all reactive dealers. Then they went back to flexi coil colours and only sold buy appointed flexi coil dealers that were thin on the ground.

We have a ptx600 (red 820) that was sold to us new buy our case dealer. I tryed to order 2 650lb tynes early this year and could not be done through our case dealer? I could look up a case PN on case web site but CNH had marked our case dealer could not sell use a case part for or case machine as they are not a flexi coil dealer. :confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
They're air cart market share went from 50% to about 10% now in NA.
Australia similar?
Although there was a few about Don they never had a massive presence. The majority of aircarts used in Australia over the last 20 years were I would say at a guess Aussie made by companies such as Gyral and Simplicity, however now since every Tom Dick and Harry now make a seeding rig there has been a big influx of Canadian/American etc seed drills arriving with carts along with a bunch off local Australian manufacturers producing carts.
Our local NH dealer has had the Miller agency for just on 12 months now. I like the Miller sprayrigs and their biggest downside is that they have been shipped from pillar to post re dealers around my area.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The bean counters have an ability to screw up many areas of the market including parts ,they think a magic number of dollars inventory is all that matters .
"It's on back order " is a great tool to shift the blame because the average consumer has no way to know if it was even ordered .
The swing cylinder on your auger is a prime example of the guys in the top end office not having a clue what they actually are selling (or purchasing) ,it is the equivalent to the hundreds of CIH and NH swathers that have been ordered over the years without Hyd f/a and gauge wheels just so they are cheaper..

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is possibly the worst news I've had in a while. Maybe I better get a new one now before they do some cost saving measures on the millers.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Some of the Flexi-Coil designers started they're own companies. Almost everyone down in our neck of the woods had a FC drill, sprayer, or the JD flexi cart. Now it is mostly BG. My opinion would say it wouldn't hurt to have some farm raised Saskatchewan people in the engineering department.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts