The Combine Forum banner

New Holland purchased Miller

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  csfi 
#1 ·
#3 ·
will acquire Miller's business in its entirety.

There is no back ground information but this could be an opportunity to expand on an agreement in place as well as eliminate a little bit of sprayer competition as well as a little bit of swather competition without making it an obvious act of aggression.

#9 ·
Historically, after the Flexi-Coil takeover, that is where things went.

Don ,what portion of this turn around related to the fact that Bourgault was only evolving then and there had been no real competition up until then .
I learned a quote 30 years ago "No business is an island" and too many don't take that to heart.

#10 ·
Historically, after the Flexi-Coil takeover, that is where things went.

Don ,what portion of this turn around related to the fact that Bourgault was only evolving then and there had been no real competition up until then .
I learned a quote 30 years ago "No business is an island" and too many don't take that to heart.

Never owned a Flexi, don't even really like them much. But when a company goes into a market share like that, loses 80%, then throws up there hands like "what happened"? Just scares me a tad

#17 ·
The bean counters have an ability to screw up many areas of the market including parts ,they think a magic number of dollars inventory is all that matters .
"It's on back order " is a great tool to shift the blame because the average consumer has no way to know if it was even ordered .
The swing cylinder on your auger is a prime example of the guys in the top end office not having a clue what they actually are selling (or purchasing) ,it is the equivalent to the hundreds of CIH and NH swathers that have been ordered over the years without Hyd f/a and gauge wheels just so they are cheaper..

#19 ·
Some of the Flexi-Coil designers started they're own companies. Almost everyone down in our neck of the woods had a FC drill, sprayer, or the JD flexi cart. Now it is mostly BG. My opinion would say it wouldn't hurt to have some farm raised Saskatchewan people in the engineering department.

#21 ·
That is a good question and one that ive been thinking about. The way i read the press release is that blue will go world wide i dont even know if they will still keep making red ?. If they do continue with red it will be interesting here in Aus because the importer is a newholland dealer (MCINTOSH & SON).
An interesting side note i went into our local Miller dealer yesterday and they seem to be advertising a few new sp's ! Do they know something we don't ?
It is also encouraging to see that newholland has retained all of the staff at the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.