The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Some small tracks up front would of been better, well at least cooler. It all be interesting to see how these compete with the row track quads

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I'm sure CNH has done market research and talked to farmers. I have a hunch we'll start seeing these in my area soon as the row crop farmers pick them up. JD 8-series tracks are very popular already. Nice to have something to compete with them from other colors.

Though I note that everything old is new again. After the war, surplus half-tracks were popular on farms. And half tracks existed because it was simpler and cheaper to have conventional steering axles, while still being quite effective.

·
Registered
80 Posts
offcourse they did the resource and interviews. The conventional steering axle will keep the ground (crop!) much more smooth than the (front-)track would do! Together the costs (first AND to maintain) it's the best (off factory-)buy!
Aftermarket there will still be many options to make it yours :)

Wondering how the Agco 1050-track will look like LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wonder if those front axel extensions will hold up in rough terrain pulling big grain carts? Seems like the market will either be pretty "niche" for these.....or it will catch on big time. Probably not going to be much in-between. Wonder how they will work for ditch irrigation and turning....the problem will be if they we be versatile enough for those that use these tractors for a million different applications on the farm. And then the price and maintenance....
You can order the tractor with a new new "Universal Wide" front axle for wide spacing (120" and up). The new axle is 12" wider (flange to flange), so spacers can be shorter for less stress on the axle. The king pins are also much bigger (at least they appeared to be). There are no front ballast limitations with this extended axle, unlike the regular class 5 used at 120" c/c.

I suspect this new axle may find its way on the wheeled tractor option list in Australia for CTF applications.

·
Registered
45 Posts
offcourse they did the resource and interviews. The conventional steering axle will keep the ground (crop!) much more smooth than the (front-)track would do! Together the costs (first AND to maintain) it's the best (off factory-)buy!
Aftermarket there will still be many options to make it yours :)

Wondering how the Agco 1050-track will look like LOL
I still say.....it looks stupid. A row track quad magum with adjustable front suspention steering axle just would look better I guess. U can get a flat on this thing...lol. anyways I understand what they did....& its gonna turn really well....i even tested the prototype a yr ago....tracks didnt slip, it was rough on the road... but idon't like it...still rather had a small quad track. Deere will not copy this though....lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Magnum 380 CVX RowTrac

Track: 76 cm, 400 l fuel, front ballast 1600 kg, front tire: 650/65 r 34:

19500 kg
Front: 8600 kg
Rear: 10900 kg

T8.435 Autocommand SmarTrax

Track: 61 cm, 200 l fuel, front ballast 2000 kg, front tire: 620/75 r 30:

19700 kg
Front: 8200 kg